Vital Statistics[edit | edit source]
- Sex : Male
- Baptised: September 19, 1824 in Westbourne, West Sussex
- Died: January 16, 1892 in Westbourne, West Sussex
- Buried: Westbourne, West Sussex
Parents[edit | edit source]
Siblings[edit | edit source]
- David Pile (1826-1879)
- Sarah Pile (1828-1832)
- Ann Pile (1830-?)
- Jane Pile (1833-1895)
- George Pile (1836-?)
- Charlotte Pile (1839-?)
Children[edit | edit source]
- By Harriet Griffin
- William Thomas Pile Pile (1852-1896)
- James Pile Pile( 1860-1920)
- David Pile Pile (1865-?)
- William Pile and Harriet Griffin apparently had a life-long relationship. Harriet had two children by George Ridout in the 1840's and the three above which can be attributed to William Pile by the use of Pile as a given name. She had a further five children whose father is not known. Although William and Harriet are recorded on the 1891 census as married there is no civil or chuch record of a wedding.
Notes[edit | edit source]
Cause of death: Influenza & broncitis, Harriet Griffin died of the same cause seven days earlier.
External Links[edit | edit source]
- Pile Family History - A history of the Piles of Westbourne, West Sussex and Lincolnshire.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.