William Merrick was born 15 September 1643 in Harwich, Barnstable County, Massachusetts, United States to William Merrick (1603-1689) and Rebecca Tracy (1622-1686) and died 30 October 1732 Eastham, Barnstable County, Massachusetts, United States of unspecified causes. He married Abigail Hopkins (1644-1691) 1671 in Eastham, Barnstable County, Massachusetts, United States.
Ensign William Merrick II was the eldest child of William and Rebecca Merrick. He was born in Eastham, Massachusetts on 15 Sept 1643 and died in Harwich, Massachusetts on 30 Oct 1732, aged 89. Circa 1700 he moved to Harwich where he would become a prominent citizen.
- 1675 - Admitted freeman in Eastham MA
- 1700 - moved to Harwich MA -
- 16 Oct 1700 - Founding member of the Church of Harwich
- 09 Feb 1704 - Wife of Ensign Merrick admitted to the church
- 20 Mar 1701 - designated town agent to the general court
- 1722 - surveyor of highways in Harwich MA
- 1732 - Will dated 05 May 1723 is proved 09 Nov 1732
Marriage and Family
1st Marriage: Abigail Hopkins
2nd Marriage: Elizabeth Unknown
Marriaged 2nd to Elizabeth - no known children.
=== 2nd Marriage:
- Genealogical and Family History of the State of New Hampshire - Vol 2 - by Stearns, Whitcher and Parker. pg 889-892
- Descendants of John Meyrick (1579-1650)