William George Fargo was born 20 May 1818 in Pompey, New York, United States to William Congdell Fargo (1791-1878) and Stacy Strong (1799-1869) and died 3 August 1881 Buffalo, New York, United States of unspecified causes. He married Anna Hurd Williams (1821-1890) January 1840 .
- ???? - Grocery Store Clerk
- 1841 - Freight Agent for Auburn & Syracuse Railway Comp.
- 1842 - Express Messenger for Auburn & Syracuse Railway Comp.
- 1843 - Resident Agent at Buffalo for Auburn & Syracuse Railway Comp.
- 1844 - Co-Organized Wells & Co.
- 1850 - Co-founded the American Express Company
- 1851 - Organized Wells, Fargo & Co.
- 1862-1866 - Mayor of Buffalo
- 1868-1881 - President of the American Express Company
|Offspring of William George Fargo and Anna Hurd Williams (1821-1890)|
|Georgia Fargo (1841-1892)|
|Alma Cornelia Fargo (1842-1842)|
|Sarah Irene Fargo (1843-1854)|
|William George Fargo (1845-1872)|
|Hannah Sophia Fargo (1847-1851)|
|Mary Louise Fargo (1851-1852)|
|Helen Lacy Fargo (1857-1886)|
|Edwin Morgan Fargo (1861-1865)|