William Collier was one of the investors or Merchant Adventurers, an initial shareholder in the Plymouth Plantation, Massachusetts.
Came from Southwark, Surrey to Plymouth Colony in 1633. Died after 29 May 1670 (in list of Duxbury freemen) and before 5 July 1671 (administration granted on estate).
Marriage & Family
Married at St. Olave, Southwark, Surrey, 16 May 1611 Jane Clark. She died after 28 June 1666 when she consented to a deed made by her husband.
Their 13 children: Mary Prence, Hannah, Rebecca Cole, Sarah Brewster, John, Elizabeth Southworth, John again, Catheren, James, Martha, William, Lydia, & Ruth Cole.
- Mary Collier (1612-1672) - md Thomas Prence, 4th governor of Plymouth Colony
- Sarah Collier (1613-1691) - md Love Brewster - Early Plymouth Colonist
- Rebecca Collier (1614-1698) - md Cole -
- John Collier (1616-1618) - died young in England
- John Collier (1618-1619) - died young in England
- Elizabeth Collier (1618-1670) - md Southworth
- James Collier (1622-1624) - died young in England
- Martha Collier (1624-1625) - died young in England
- Lydia Collier (1625-1625) - died young in England