William Allred was born 1756 in Hillsborough, Randolph County, North Carolina, United States to Thomas Allred (1730-1809) and Elizabeth Twiggs (1732-1827) and died 13 November 1808 Bedford County, Tennessee, United States of unspecified causes. He married Elizabeth Thrasher (1754-1841) 14 November 1782 in Randolph County, North Carolina, United States.
Some of their children were born in Randolph Co., North Carolina, and the family moved to Pendleton Co., South Carolina, when James Allred (1784-1876) was three years old and then on to Georgia in about 1789.
The Allreds were farmers and William had received a land grant of 400 acres near Grove Creek in Franklin Co., Georgia. James met and married Elizabeth Warren (from Spartanburg Co S.C.) on November 14, 1803 in Franklin Co. George. Elizabeth was 17 and James was 19. William and family moved to Bedford Co., Tennessee but James and Elizabeth stayed in Franklin Co., Georgia near which their first son William Hackley Allred was born on April 14, 1804.
James and Elizabeth followed James’ parents to Farmington, Bedford Co. Tennessee, where they completed their family of 12 children , 8 boys and 4 girls. Families migrated together, either convincing extended family members to join with them in the move or follow them later. The Allred family relocated many times and the Ivie family also migrated with them and often intermarried.
- Reddick Newton Allred (1822-1905) - gson - Mormon Battalion Veteran - Staff Quartermaster
- James Riley Allred (1827-1872) - gson - Mormon Battalion Veteran - Co A - Tragedy Springs
- James Tillmon Sanford Allred (1825-1905) - gson - Mormon Battalion Veteran - Co A - first son died on Mormon Battalion Trek in Kansas
- Rueben Warren Allred (1827-1916) - gson - Mormon Battalion Veteran - Co A
- Richard Twiggs Sanders (1828-1858) - ggson - Mormon Battalion Veteran - Co E - Stayed in California