Виктор Андреевич Скумин
August 30 1948|
Penza Oblast, Soviet Union
Skumin described a new disease, the Skumin syndrome. He introduced a method of self-improvement based on optimistic autosuggestion for psychological rehabilitation of cardiosurgical patients.
He was a professor of psychotherapy at the Medical Academy of Post-graduate Education. Skumin held positions as chaired professor of psychology and pedagogy, and of physical education and health life at the State Academy of Culture. He was elected to the post of the President-founder of the World Organisation of Culture of Health (Moscow). In 1995, Victor Skumin became the first editor-in-chief of the journal To Health via Culture. He is known for inventing a popular term "Culture of Health" (1968).
Skumin writes on healthy lifestyle, Yoga, and philosophy. He authored series of illustrated books and articles on Roerichism, and New Age. He wrote books of fiction and lyrics for several songs.
Victor Skumin was born on 30 August 1948 in Penza Oblast, Russia, where his father – Andrew Skumin (Russian: Андре́й Ску́мин, IPA: [ɐnˈdrʲej ˈskumʲɪn]) – was an officer of Ministry of State Security of the USSR.
After graduating from the Medical University, he became a psychotherapist in the Institute of Cardiovascular Surgery. In 1978, he described a new disease, the Skumin syndrome. He introduced a method of self-improvement based on optimistic autosuggestion for psychological rehabilitation of cardiosurgical patients (1979).
From 1980 to 1990, he was professor of at the Medical Academy of Post-graduate Education. The main result of his scientific activity was the discovery of the "syndrome of the neurotic phantom of somatic disease" and a "concept of the mental constituent of a chronic somatic disease".
From 1990 to 1994, Skumin held positions as chaired professor of psychology and pedagogy, and of physical education and health life at the State Academy of Culture. In 1994, he was elected to the post of the President-founder of the World Organisation of Culture of Health (Moscow). In 1995, Skumin became the first editor-in-chief of the journal "To Health via Culture". He is known for inventing a popular term "Culture of Health".
Skumin writes on healthy lifestyle, Yoga, and philosophy. He co-authored series of illustrated books and articles on Roerichism, and New Age. He wrote books of fiction and lyrics for several songs.
Victor Skumin writes on healthy lifestyle, yoga, and philosophy. He co-authored series of illustrated books and articles on Agni Yoga, Roerichism, Russian cosmism, transhumanism, and New Age. He wrote books of fiction and lyrics for several songs. Victor Skumin wrote several books of fiction, and also essays.
He is the author of music and lyrics of several songs. Among them anthem "To Health via Culture". This anthem consists of four stanzas. The capital letters each of the four stanzas form the word Agni.
In 1995, Skumin became the first editor-in-chief (EIC) of the journal To Health via Culture. The Journal of the World Organisation of Culture of Health (″World Health Culture Organization″) received an International Standard Serial Number (ISSN) 0204-3440. The main topics of the magazine are the dissemination of ideas of Culture of Health, holistic medicine, and Roerichism. The Organization also has its own publishing house ("To Health via Culture").
Skumin wrote many books and articles on a variety medical and spiritual topics advocating a holistic approach to health. He is the author or co-author of a series illustrated books on the culture of health, yoga, and Roerichism.
Culture of Health and Yoga
From 1990 to 1994, Skumin held positions as Professor by the Chair of Psychology and Pedagogy, and Professor by the Chair of Physical Education and Health life at the State Academy of Culture. Skumin completed research of theoretical and practical issues of culture of health, which he developed throughout his scientific and pedagogical activity. These methods, he has introduced in the training course for the students of the Academy: The Foundations of a Culture of Health. His scientific and pedagogical work Skumin combine with a social activity.
In 1994, he was elected to the post of the President-founder of the World Organisation of Culture of Health (WOCH) — International social movement "To Health via Culture". Coat of arms of the WOCH contain a symbol of Roerichism. The organization operates in accordance with the registered in Ministry of Justice of the Russian Federation Charter. Key element of a Culture of Health is implement innovative health programs that support a holistic approach to physical, mental and spiritual well-being both inside and outside the workplace.
In the Russian Orthodox Church the social activities of this international organization qualifies as an ideology of the Agni Yoga and New Age (NA),
The ideology of the NA serves outstanding contemporary philosophers. On a grand scale is the creation and support of international organizations, contained in the ideology of the NA. In Russia and in Ukraine, International movement "To Health via Culture", based on the teachings of Agni Yoga, operates and has a great publishing activity.
Agni Yoga is a philosophical teaching which embraces all sides of being—from cosmological problems, down to daily human life. This teaching is based on the books written by Helena Roerich and Nicholas Roerich in the first half of the 20th century. The New Age movement is a spiritual movement that developed in Western nations during the 1970s. The movement is characterised by a holistic view of the cosmos, a belief in an emergent Age of Aquarius an emphasis on self-spirituality and the authority of the self, a focus on healing (particularly with alternative medicine).
Professor Verhorubova and professor Lobanova argued (2012) that in accordance with the concept of a culture of health, proposed by Skumin, the culture – spiritual, mental, and physical – determines the status of human health. And health – spiritual, mental, physical – is a prerequisite for achieving a higher level of culture.
The essence of the teachings of the culture of health, reveals professor N. Gribok. He wrote at 2009,
Russian Professor Skumin insists on the fact that the culture of health should be considered as an integral part of the spiritual culture and the moral culture, culture of labour and culture of recreation, culture of personality and culture of relationships. According to the scientist, the culture of health is not only the mechanical connection of the two concepts—the concept of ″culture″ and the concept of ″health″. This is their synthesis, which forms a new quality, a new content. Skumin examines the culture of health as the specific science, that develops the theoretical and practical tasks of harmonious development of the spiritual, mental, and physical human force, forming of optimum environment, which provides a higher level of creativity of life. Thus, Skumin argues that the culture of health is a separate science, that creates new content. The main challenge of culture of health is the development of spiritual, mental and physical capabilities of man.
- In the online poll "The Name of Russia", completed in 2017, Skumin by a wide margin is on first position in the section "The Glory of Russia". Also in the top 10 leaders in "The Glory of Russia" are Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Alexander Pushkin, Seraphim of Sarov, Joseph Stalin (Jughashvili).
- ^ "How To Pronounce Victor Skumin". pronouncekiwi. https://www.pronouncekiwi.com/Victor%20Skumin. Retrieved 4 September 2019.
- ^ "People born in Penza Oblast". https://www.xwhos.com/place_of_birth/penza_oblast.html. Retrieved 22 September 2021.
- ^ Skumin, V. A.; Aunovsky, O. K. (1995) (in Russian). The Bringers of the Light (The story of the Roerich family). Novocheboksarsk: Teros. ISBN 978-5-88167-004-7. https://biblmdkz.ru/svet.html.
- ^ Skumin, V. A. (1997) (in Russian). About the past and the future: Parables for meditation.. Novocheboksarsk: Teros. ISBN 978-5-88167-016-0. https://biblmdkz.ru/mp.html.
- ^ Skumin, V. A. (1995) (in Russian). Sutras of Agni Yoga.. Novocheboksarsk: Teros. ISBN 978-5-88167-007-8. https://biblmdkz.ru/af.html.
- ^ Skumin, V. A. (1995) (in Russian). Legends, parables, and stories of Agni Yoga. Novocheboksarsk: Teros. ISBN 978-5-88167-008-5. https://biblmdkz.ru/legenda.html.
- ^ Skumin VA (2003). "Udraia (George Roerich's spiritual name) is our Guru". To Health Via Culture 9: 3–12. ISSN 0204-3440.
- ^ Skumin VA (2004). "Russia". To Health Via Culture 10: 3–6. ISSN 0204-3440.
- ^ Skumin VA (2004). "Fuyama (N. Roerich's spiritual name) is a Fiery Guru-patron of spiritual humanity". To Health Via Culture 10: 31–34.
- ^ Skumin, Victor (2002) (in Russian). Culture of Health: prayers, hymns, parables. Cheboksary: To Health via Culture: The Library of Culture of Health. pp. 55. ISBN 5-88167-018-3. https://biblmdkz.ru/m.html.
- ^ Skumin, Victor (2007) (in Russian). Gimns of Culture of Health. Cheboksary: To Health via Culture. https://biblmdkz.ru/gimn.html.
- ^ K zdorovʹi︠u︡ cherez kulʹturu: zhurnal Mezhdunarodnogo obshchestvennogo dvizhenii︠a︡ "K zdorovʹi︠u︡ cherez kulʹturu". catalog.loc.gov. https://catalog.loc.gov/vwebv/search?searchCode=STNO&searchType=1&recCount=25&searchArg=0204-3440.
- ^ "The Library of Culture of Health". biblmdkz.ru. https://biblmdkz.ru/knigi.html.
- ^ Olga Aunovsky, Winner of the Nicholas Roerich International Prize: Skumin's doctrine of the culture of health. Part 1 on YouTube
- ^ Art works by Russian cosmism painter XX – XXI ct. Catalogue of exhibition 2013. Roerich museum. 2013. https://www.webcitation.org/6qGPQz1bk?.
- ^ Kovaleva E. A. (2009). "Pedagogical Council. Slide 7 of the presentation "culture of health" to the lessons of physical education on the theme the "Health"". 900igr.net. http://900igr.net/prezentatsii/fizkultura/Kultura-zdorovja/007-Kultura-zdorovja-fundamentalnaja-nauka-o-Dukhovnom-CHelovechestve.html. Retrieved 28 September 2018.
- ^ Skumin, V.A. (1992). "Yoga, society and culture". https://biblmdkz.ru/articles/g892.html.
- ^ "Charter of the World Organisation of Culture of Health (Russian: Устав)". Kult-zdor.ru. Archived from the original on 18 April 2017. https://www.webcitation.org/6poMifaLN?url=http://kult-zdor.ru/?page_id=824. Retrieved 18 September 2018.
- ^ Skumin, V. A.. "Culture of health is a science of future". Kult-zdor.ru. https://kult-zdor.ru/?page_id=5.
- ^ "Agni Yoga Society". https://www.webcitation.org/6p2NfrZqP?. Retrieved 6 September 2018.
- ^ Verhorubova, O. V.; Lobanova, N. A. (2012). "The diversity of definitions the phenomenon of "culture of health" as an indicator of its versatility in education". Вестник Томского государственного педагогического университета. pp. 161–5. http://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/mnogoobrazie-opredeleniy-fenomena-kultura-zdorovya-kak-pokazatel-ego-mnogogrannosti-v-pedagogicheskom-obrazovanii.
- ^ Gribok, N. N. (2009). "The essential characteristic of the culture of health students special medical groups". cyberleninka.ru. https://www.webcitation.org/6cKLOpOiw?url=http://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/suschestvennaya-harakteristika-kultury-zdorovya-studentov-spetsialnoy-meditsinskoy-gruppy.
- ^ Mariëlle Wijermars. Memory Politics in Contemporary Russia: Television, Cinema and the State. ISBN 9781138543195. https://books.google.com/books?id=Y7JjDwAAQBAJ&pg=PT153&lpg=PT153&dq=skumin+victor#v=onepage.
- World Organisation of Culture of Health - kult-zdor.ru
- The Library of Culture of Health: Victor Skumin - biblmdkz.ru
- Victor Skumin - psychology.wikia.org
- Psychologist Victor Skumin - pantheon.world
- Victor Skumin. Anthem To Health via Culture -youtube.com
- Agni Yoga - Wikipedia audio article
- Self care - Wikipedia audio article
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at Victor Skumin. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|