25 March 1612 in Barton St James, Somerset, England to Henry Adams (1582-1646) and Edith Squire (1587-1673) and died 20 July 1688 in Chelmsford, Middlesex County, Massachusetts of unspecified causes. He married Mary Blackmore (1613-1695) 1642 in Braintree, Norfolk County, Massachusetts. Ancestors are from the United Kingdom.Thomas Adams was born
Marriage and Family
Children of Lieut. Thomas' (1612) (Henry') and Mary (-Adams ; res. Chelmsford, Mass.
- Mary-', b. in Braiutree, Mass., July 24, 1643; d. soon, as per Braintreerecord. 1.
- Jonathan', b. in Concord, Mass., Jan. 6, 1646; m. Aug. 29, 1681, LeahGould (Goole ?) twin dau. of Francis and Rose Gould of Chelmsford, Mass. She d. 1718. He -was a farmer in or nigh Littleton,Mass ; d. in Chelmsford, 25 Nov., 1712. 2.
- Pelatiah', (twin) b. in Concord, Jan. 6, 1640; m. 1670-80, Euth . She d. 18 Sept., 1719. He d. in Chelmsford, 29 April, 1725. 3.
- Timothy', b. in Concord, (April 2?) Feb. 15, 1648; m. Mary . He d. in Chelmsford, 1 Julj^, 1708.
- George, b. in Concord, March 29, 1650; probably d. j'oung. 4.
- Samuel, b. in Chelmsford about 1652-3; m. Mary , who d. 28 March. 1718, in Canterbury, Conn. He was a millwright; removed to Charlestown, Mass., and thence to Canterbury, Conn. , where |^he was a prominent citizen and d. 26 Nov., 1727. He sold his property in Charlestown to Joseph Randall, in 1697, according |to Bond; the deed was acknowledged at Plainfield, Conn., in 1714-5. Fact vHe was one of the first board of selectmen in Canterbury, chosen May 31, 1699. Both he and his son Samuel, Jr., received each oneand one-half shares of land as original first settlers in the division of April, 1723. He is said to have had twelve children, five of whomdied young. His will, made and signed with his mark, Aug. 7,1727, probated at Plainfield, Dec. 4, 1727, and on record at Willimantic, speaks of his sons as three in number, and four daughters,but names only Henry and Thomas, Abigail and Margaret, the portions of Abigail and Margaret to remain in the hands of theexecutor.
- Edith", b. in Chelmsford, Feb. 21, 1655; probably d. num.
- Rebecca', b. in Chelmsford, Sept. 18, 1657; d. young.
- Elizabeth-', b. in Chelmsford, Oct. 21, 1658-9; died j^oung.
- Thomas', b. in Chelmsford, July 22, 1660; d. 20 Nov. same j-ear.
- Mary, b. in Chelmsford, Oct. 29, 1664; m. Cooper, as per will.