|— County —|
|• Total||8,553 km2 (3,302 sq mi)|
|Population (2011 census)|
|• Density||74/km2 (190/sq mi)|
|Telephone code||(+40) 230 or (+40) 330|
|ISO 3166 code||RO-SV|
Demographics[edit | edit source]
In 2002, it had a population of 688,435 and the population density was 80.5/km².
Geography[edit | edit source]
This county has a total area of 8,553 square kilometres (3,302 sq mi).
The western side of the county consists of mountains from the Eastern Carpathians group: the Rodna Mountains, the Rarău Mountains, the Giumalău Mountains and the three "Obcine" with lower heights. The county's elevation decreases toward the east, with the lowest height in the Siret River valley.
Neighbours[edit | edit source]
- Botoşani County and Iaşi County to the east.
- Maramureș County and Bistrița-Năsăud County to the west.
- Ukraine to the north - Chernivtsi Oblast.
- Mureş County, Harghita County and Neamţ County to the south.
Economy[edit | edit source]
The predominant industries in the county are:
- Wood industry - the county has the largest surfaces covered with forests in Romania.
- Food industry.
- Mechanical components industry.
- Construction materials industry.
- Textile and leather industry
- For Market Example for all the stuff above: Metro (one of the biggest Markets in Romania).
There are also metals explorations in the mountains.
Tourism[edit | edit source]
The main tourist attractions in the county are:
- The city of Suceava with its medieval fortifications.
- The Painted churches of northern Moldavia and their Monasteries:
- The medieval salt mine of Cacica
- The Vatra Dornei Resort.
- The cities of Rădăuți, Fălticeni and Câmpulung Moldovenesc.
Administrative divisions[edit | edit source]
Suceava County has 5 municipalities, 11 towns and 98 communes
2010 floodings[edit | edit source]
During June 2010, Gheorghe Flutur, president of Suceava County (judet), told the Mediafax news agency his region was one of the worst hit in the country in the morning of the 29th as he co-ordinated local flood relieve work in his striken county.
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ "Population at 20 October 2011" (in Romanian). INSSE. 5 July 2013. http://www.recensamantromania.ro/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/sR_TAB_3.xlsx. Retrieved 9 July 2013.
- ^ The number used depends on the numbering system employed by the phone companies on the market.
- ^ National Institute of Statistics, "Populaţia după etnie"
- ^ National Institute of Statistics, "Populaţia la recensămintele din anii 1948, 1956, 1966, 1977, 1992 şi 2002"
- ^ 
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|