|— district —|
|Elevation||232 m (761 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Sangrur district (Punjabi: ਸਂਗਰੂਰ ਜ਼ਿਲਾ) is in the state of Punjab in North-West Republic of India. Earlier Barnala was part of Sangrur district, but now Barnala is a separate district. Sangrur consists of following cities: Dhuri, Malerkotla, Sangrur and Sunam.
Demographics[edit | edit source]
According to the 2011 census Sangrur district has a population of 1,654,408, roughly equal to the nation of Guinea-Bissau or the US state of Idaho. This gives it a ranking of 301st in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 449 inhabitants per square kilometre (1,160 /sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 12.3 %. Sangrur has a sex ratio of 883 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 68.9 %.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ a b c d e f "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. http://www.census2011.co.in/district.php. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- ^ US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2119rank.html. Retrieved 2011-10-01. "Guinea-Bissau 1,596,677 July 2011 est."
- ^ "2010 Resident Population Data". U. S. Census Bureau. http://2010.census.gov/2010census/data/apportionment-pop-text.php. Retrieved 2011-09-30. "Idaho 1,567,582"
[edit | edit source]
- Official website of Sangrur
- Official website of Punjab Gaushala Mahasangh - an NGO for the welfare and protection of COWS.
|Barnala district||Ludhiana district||Fatehgarh Sahib district|
|Mansa district||Fatehabad district, Haryana||Jind district, Haryana|
|This article about a location in the Indian state of Punjab is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at Sangrur district. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|