11 October 1673 in Marlborough, Middlesex County, Massachusetts to John Fay (1641-1690) and Mary Brigham (1638-1676) and died 10 November 1732 in Westborough, Worcester County, Massachusetts of unspecified causes. He married Tabitha Ward (1675-1755) 16 March 1699 in Marlborough, Middlesex County, Massachusetts. Ancestors are from the United States, the United Kingdom.Samuel Fay was born
",42.351" can not be assigned to a declared number type with value 42.346.
",-71.548" can not be assigned to a declared number type with value -71.553.
In 1717 Samuel Fay was one of several settlers that founded Westboro MA when it was set off from Marlborough.
- 1699 - marriage to Tabitha Ward
- 1701 - Samuel and his wife offered themselves for baptism in the Marlboro Church
- 1718-1720 - highways surveyor
- 1717 - settlement of Westboro
- 1721 - church tythingman
- 1725 - succeeded his brother as town clerk
Marriage & Family
Their first six children were born in Marlboro MA and the 7th was born in Westboro MA.
- Rebecca Fay (1700-1776) - md William Nurse of Shrewsbury
- Tabitha Fay (1702-1762) - md William Maurey of Brookfield
- Samuel Fay (1705-1788) - md his cousin, Deliverance Shattuck
- Jeduthan Fay (1707-1803) - md Sarah Shattuck of Watertown
- Abigail Fay (1709-1760) - md Thomas Converse of Conn.
- Ebenzer Fay (1713-1790) - md 1) Abigail and 2) Thankful Hyde and 3) Mary Mason - 18 children
- Mary Fay (1720-1746) - died unmarried.
|Offspring of John Fay, Jr and Susanna Shattuck (1642-1716)|
|David Fay (1679-1738)|| |
|Gershom Fay (1681-1720)|| |
|Ruth Fay (1684-)|| |
|Deliverance Fay (1686-1712)||7 October 1686 Marlborough, Middlesex County, Massachusetts||22 January 1712 Watertown, Middlesex County, Massachusetts|| Benjamin Shattuck (1685-1763)|
- Ward Family - Descendants of William Ward who settled in Sudbury Mass in 1639 - page 29 - free on Google Books.
- Genealogical and Family History of Western New York: Vol II - page 662-665 (Fay Family) = by W.R. Cutter - free on Google Books
- John Fay 1641 List of Famous Descendants
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.