Samuel Bigelow was born circa 1789 in Lebanon, Columbia County, New York, United States to Joshua Bigelow (1759-1831) and Huldah Hunt (1763-1831) and died 25 September 1857 New Lebanon, Columbia County, New York, United States of unspecified causes.
Samuel Bigelow married Mary or Polly Pratt (1793-1849). It looks like she had left her first husband after only one year.
They had several children. Their first child was a Union solder who died in the infamous Andersonville Prison in 1863.
|Offspring of Mary or Polly Pratt and Samuel Bigelow (1789-1857)|
|Lawson R Bigelow (1819-1863)||13 November 1819 Waterloo, Seneca County, New York, United States||12 July 1863 Andersonville, Macon County, Georgia, United States||Elvira L. Smith (1833-1910)|
|Samuel Woodward Bigelow (1823-1888)|
|William Bigalow (1825-)|
- Family History of Joshua Bigelow - Bigelow Family Society.
- Bigelow Family Cemetery -
- Bigelow Family Genealogy Volume. I page.178;
- Howe, Bigelow Family of America;
- cemetery records, New Lebanon;
- newspaper obituaries from collection at NY State library.