Goldie Jensen (1895-1965) aka Sally Jensen; Telephone Operator and Housewife (b. January 19, 1895; Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA - d. August 12, 1965; Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA) Social Security Number 326220313.
Parents[edit | edit source]
Birth[edit | edit source]
She was born on January 19, 1895 in Chicago according to her birth certificate. The September 25, 1891 birth date comes from Social Security although other people believe she was born on January 25, 1892 or 1893. Her birth name was Sally but she always went by the name Goldie.
Siblings[edit | edit source]
- Mary Marie Jensen (1883-1969) aka Marie Jensen, who married Albert Rath (1881-1950) and later married Nels Hemwall (1875-1965)
- Thea Jensen (1885-1910) who married Max Caro (1882-c1920)
- Leif Jensen (1886-1955) who married Agnes Hansen (1890-1965)
- Leonard Andrew Jensen (1887-1979) who married Gertrude Louise Brock (1892-1944)
- Josetta Dorothy Jensen (1889-1940) aka Dolly Jensen, who married William J. Gogerty (1893-1939)
- Margerite Jensen (1891-1986) aka Daisy Jensen, who married Francis Joseph Woods (1891-1972) aka Frank Woods
- Eleanor Margaret Jensen (1897-1987) who married Mahlon Edward Shanahan (1900-1993)
- Alvin Jensen (1900-1986) who married Helen Mae Baldwin (1907-1998)
Chicago[edit | edit source]
In the 1917 Chicago City Directory, Goldie was listed as working as an "operator" and living at 4940 West Austin Avenue.
Marriage[edit | edit source]
She married William Holm (1891-1983) around 1917-1918 and had the following children:
- Anna Holm (1918-1918) who died as an infant
- Eleanor Holm (1921-1991) who married Norman William Olsen (1919-?)
- Babyboy Holm (1922-1922) who died as an infant
- Daisy Lorraine Holm (1926- ) who married Richard N. Pletcher (1925- ).
Goldie appears in the 1920 US Census living at 4940 Austin Avenue in Chicago.
Death[edit | edit source]
She died on August 12, 1965 under the name "Goldie Holm".