रुद्र प्रयाग जिला
|• Total||2,439 km2 (942 sq mi)|
|• Density||120/km2 (300/sq mi)|
Rudraprayag district, (Hindi: रुद्र प्रयाग जिला) is a district of Uttarakhand state of northern India. The district occupies an area of 2439 km². Rudraprayag town is the administrative headquarters of the district.
Rudraprayag District was established on 16th September1997. The district was carved out from the following areas of three adjoining districts.
1- Whole of Augustmuni & Ukhimath block and part of Pokhri & Karnprayag block from Chamoli District.
2- Part of Jakholi and Kirtinagar block from Tehri District.
3- Part of Khirsu block from Pauri District.
Internationally Known Shri Kedarnath Temple is at North, Madmaheshwar at east, Nagrasu at southern east and Shrinagar at extreme south. The holy Mandakini originated from Kedarnath is the main river of the district.
Demographics[edit | edit source]
According to the 2011 census Rudraprayag district has a population of 236,857 , roughly equal to the nation of Vanuatu. This gives it a ranking of 585th in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 119 inhabitants per square kilometre (310 /sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 4.14 %. Rudraprayag has a sex ratio of 1120 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 82.09 %.
As of 2001 Indian census, the Rudraprayag district had a population of 227,439. Hindus 225,773, Muslims 1,406 (.61%), religion not stated 90.
Cities, towns and villages in Rudraprayag[edit | edit source]
- Sann Village distance from Rudraprayag city are= 7.00 km.
- Biron Dewal Village
- Benji Village
- Syund Village
- Triyuginarayan village
- [[Dholsari] ]
- Jaggi Kandai village
- Bainji Kandai Dashjula village
- Dangi just 15 km away fromRudraprayag city. satish
- paldwari ,VILLAGE
- °Ratura Just 8 km away from Rudraprayag,Odali Village 1KM (Approx) away from Ratura Market
- Kalna Village: Kalna Village is Situated in center of Rudraprayag and Gaucher (Rudraprayag to Gaucher is 22 km)
- kokhandi, village
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. http://www.census2011.co.in/district.php. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- ^ a b c d e f "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. http://www.census2011.co.in/district.php. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- ^ US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2119rank.html. Retrieved 2011-10-01. "Vanuatu 224,564 July 2011 est."
- ^ "Uttarakhand - Districts of India: Know India". National Portal of India. http://india.gov.in/knowindia/districts/andhra1.php?stateid=UA. Retrieved 2009-04-04.
[edit | edit source]
|Tehri Garhwal district||Chamoli district|
|Pauri Garhwal district|
|Divisions and districts of Uttarakhand|
|Kumaon division: Almora | Bageshwar | Champawat | Nainital | Pithoragarh | Udham Singh Nagar|
|Garhwal division: Chamoli | Dehradun | Haridwar | Pauri Garhwal | Rudra Prayag | Tehri Garhwal | Uttarkashi|
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at Rudraprayag district. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|