Rudolph Oberli was born 8 June 1712 in Ruderwyl, Berne, Switzerland to Jacob Oberli (1675-1726) and Elizabeth Kuhn (1683-1730) and died 1 February 1790 Lower Saucon Township, Northampton County, Pennsylvania, United States of America of unspecified causes. He married Anna Margaretha Harbell (1721-1795) January 1740 in Northampton County, Pennsylvania, United States.
Also known as Hans or John Rudolph Oberli or Oberly.
|Offspring of Rudolph Oberli and Anna Margaretha Harbell (1721-1795)|
|Elizabeth Oberli (1741-1826)||17 August 1741 Pennsylvania, United States of America||3 March 1826 Northampton County, Pennsylvania, United States of America||George Frederick Kleinhans (1740-1814)|
|John Oberli (1746-1805)|
|Anthony Oberli (1749-1828)|
|John Jacob Oberli (1755-1830)|
|Rudolph Oberli (1756-1777)|
|Christina Oberli (-1831)|
|Frederick Oberli (1760-)|
- Rudolph Oberli arrived in Pennsylvania on 29 May 1735 on the ship MERCURY, from Rotterdam.
- Will #905, Northampton Co PA datd 25 Dec 1779 probated 1 Apr 1780 of Rudolph Oberly.
- Old and New Westmoreland, Volume 3 By John Newton Boucher
- "....an old Swiss family, and traces his descent from one Rudolph Oberly, a native of Ruderwyl, in the Canton of Berne, Switzerland, and a successful silk manufacturer there in the early part of the eighteenth century....to book
- Pennsylvania German Church Records - The Pennsylvania-German Society - Records of William Township Congregation
- Kleinhans, Magdalena, d. Friedrich and w. Elizabethl b. Dec. 23, 1775; bapt. April 8, 1776; sp Rudolph Oberli and w, Margaretha.