Adelaide/Richeza of Poland, (22 September 1013 – 21 May 1075) was Queen Consort of Hungary.
She is traditionally called Richeza, but contemporary sources do not confirm this name. Nowadays it is supposed that she was called Adelaide.
In 1048, her husband received one third of Hungary (Tercia pars Regni) as appanage from his brother, King Andrew I of Hungary, and the couple moved to Hungary. On 6 December 1060, her husband was crowned King of Hungary after defeating his brother.
Marriage and children
# 1039-1043: King Béla I of Hungary (c. 1016 – 11 September 1063)
- King Géza I of Hungary (1044 – 25 April 1077)
- King Ladislaus I of Hungary (c. 1046 – 29 July 1095)
- Anna Lanke of Hungary (1047-1095) wife of Rostislav Vladimirovich, Prince of Tmutarakan.
- Duke Lampert of Hungary (c. 1049 – 1096)
- Sophia (after 1050 – 18 June 1095), wife firstly of Markgraf Ulrich I of Carniola, and secondly of duke Magnus I of Saxony
- Euphemia of Hungary (after 1050 – 2 April 1111), wife of Prince Otto I of Olomouc
- Helen I of Hungary (after 1050 – c. 1091), wife of Demetrius Zvonimir of Croatia
- Kristó, Gyula - Makk, Ferenc: Az Árpád-ház uralkodói (IPC Könyvek, 1996)
- Korai Magyar Történeti Lexikon (9-14. század), főszerkesztő: Kristó, Gyula, szerkesztők: Engel, Pál és Makk, Ferenc (Akadémiai Kiadó, Budapest, 1994)
- Magyarország Történeti Kronológiája I. – A kezdetektől 1526-ig, főszerkesztő: Benda, Kálmán (Akadémiai Kiadó, Budapest, 1981)
- ^ K. Jasiński, Rodowód pierwszych Piastów, Wrocław - Warszawa (1992)
Richeza of Poland (1013-1075)Born: 22 September 1013 Died: 21 May 1075
Anastasia of Kiev
| Queen consort of Hungary|
| Succeeded by|
Judith of Swabia
|NAME||Richeza of Poland|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Adelaide Piast|
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||Queen consort of Hungary (1060-1063)|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1013-9-22|
|PLACE OF BIRTH|
|DATE OF DEATH||1075-5-21|
|PLACE OF DEATH|