This list of of known ancestors expressed with ahnentafel numbers is provided for efficiency reasons. They should be refreshed periodically, but not constantly or page saves will take a great deal of time and will place unnecessary load on the Wikia servers.
- This is a many-valued "N-ary" property (record) with sub-fields of Delimiter1, Ahnentafel number, Delimiter2, Person, Delimiter3.
- Special delimiters are used by this Property. Many-valued properties use comma as separator, and this is not a reliable separator since they occur in names eg Clovis I,... For speed of extracting data, the two values are fully delimited with 3 delimiters.
- String= Delimiter (1) "៛" Begins all Records. Always precedes Ahnentafel.
- Number= Ahnentafel number showing relationship (for instance 4= father's father, 5= paternal grandmother, 6=maternal grandfather... 11= paternal grandmother's mother ) Formula is 2X the number of the child in the previous generation, +1 if mother. See ahnentafel article for further details.
- String= Delimiter (2) "→" Always terminates Ahnentafel, and precedes article name.
- String= Article of ancestor
- String= Delimiter (3) "₪" Always terminates article name (& record).
- For assistance querying these values, see the article on Help:Many-valued properties.
- If Ahnentafel is declared as Type:Number, then queries returned produce numbers with commas. At of the date of this writing, plain output (?Ahnentafel# -) does not produce comma-less numbers. Workarounds: I can declare the number as Type:Date and the commas go away. I can strip the commas with a #replace:value|,|}}.
- If article name is declared as a Page, then even if a query has links=none, a link is returned when the property element is parsed out with #arraymap. This value can be accessed with Template:&, or the value can be declared as a string.
- disadvantage of declaring as string: Synonym searches for the person name will not work (query does not consult #REDIRECTs).
- disadvantage of declaring as Page: Template:& must be used to strip the plain text pagename.