BiographyPhilip I of Castile, King of Castile, King of León, King of Galicia, Duke of Burgundy, Count of Holland, was born 22 June 1478 in Bruges, Belgium to Maximilian I, Holy Roman Emperor (1459-1519) and Mary of Burgundy (1457-1482) and died 25 September 1506 in Burgos, Spain of unspecified causes. He married Joanna of Castile (1479-1555) 20 October 1496 JL in Lier, Belgium. Notable ancestors include Charlemagne (747-814), Alfred the Great (849-899), Henry II of England (1133-1189), William I of England (1027-1087), Hugh Capet (c940-996). Ancestors are from France, Spain, Germany, the United Kingdom, Belgium, Austria, Switzerland, Lithuania, Belarus, Russia, the Netherlands, Portugal, Italy, Ukraine, Hungary, the Czech Republic, England, Turkey, the Byzantine Empire, Sweden, Canaan.
Namesakes of Philip I of Castile (1478-1506)
Common ancestors of Philip I of Castile (1478-1506) and Joanna of Castile (1479-1555)
- Beatriz of Portugal (1347-1381)
- Blanche of Lancaster (1345-1369)
- Eleanor de Alburquerque (1374-1435)
- Eleanor of Aragon (1358-1382)
- Fernando I of Aragon (1380-1416)
- John I of Castile (1358-1390)
- John I of Portugal (1357-1433)
- John of Gaunt, 1st Duke of Lancaster (1340-1399)
- Pedro I of Portugal (1320-1367)
- Philippa of Lancaster (1360-1415)
- Sancho de Albuquerque (1342-1374)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.