Peter Pickard was born on January 17, 1791 in Little Falls, New York to John Pickard and Magdelena "Margaret" Maria Garlock. He was baptized on June 6, 1791 at St. Johnsville Dutch Reformed Church. Peter married first to a woman whose name is unknown and they had one child.
Peter joined the service in the War of 1812 from his home, Lenox, Madison County, New York. Peter was in Martin Lamb's company, Infantry, N.Y. Militia, as a Private., September 12, 1814 at Sackett Harbor, NY.
Peter came to Chautauqua County as a widower in 1816 with his son, brothers and parents. He married his second wife, Mary Fenton-Miller on September 30, 1819 in Ellery, New York. She died in 1835 and Peter married thirdly to Mehitable Green. On January 7, 1851, he applied for County Land under Act of September 28, 1850. He received a land warrant #25750 for 40 acres. On April 16, 1855, he applied for additional land under an act approved March 30, 1855, No. 115, 505. Seely Strong, a witness to his signature, and his lawful attorney, was award 120 acres on May 17, 1856. Peter's fourth marriage was to Sarah Knight Stevens whom he married June 13, 1855 in Busti, New York by E. Blane. Claim No. 1935 on February 27, applied for pension, $18 a month and it was granted in Busti, New York.
Peter died on September 28, 1872 in Busti, New York. Peter is buried in Red Bird Cemetery in Ellery, New York.
|Offspring of Peter Pickard and unknown parent|
|Joshua Pickard (1812-1887)|
|Offspring of Peter Pickard and Mary Fenton-Miller (1790-1835)|
|Oliver F. Pickard (1820-1892)|
|Sarah M. Pickard (1824-1890)||23 March 1824 Ellery, Chautauqua County, New York, United States||3 August 1890 Ellery, Chautauqua County, New York, United States||Adam Stom (1818-1879)|
|Elisha Tower Pickard (1826-1898)|
|Mary C. Pickard (1828-1872)|
|Alvira Pickard (1831-1861)|
|Charity Pickard (1832-1872)|
- His father's Revolutionary War Record mentions him
- Red Bird Cemetery Records
- 1820 United States Federal Census, Ellicott, Chautauqua County, New York.
- 1830 United States Federal Census, Ellery, Chautauqua County, New York.
- 1840 United States Federal Census, Ellery, Chautauqua County, New York.
- 1850 United States Federal Census, Ellery, Chautauqua County, New York.
- 1860 United States Federal Census, Busti, Chautauqua County, New York.
- 1870 United States Federal Census, Busti, Chautauqua County, New York.