Olive Amanda Smith Fullmer was born 18 September 1825 in West Fabius, Onondago County, New York to Hawley Decker Smith Markham (1803-1825) and Martha Allen (1803-1860) and died 17 March 1885 in Orangeville, Emery County, Utah of unspecified causes. She married Milton Cook (1821-1883) circa 1841 . She married John Solomon Fullmer (1807-1883) 21 January 1846 in Nauvoo, Hancock County, Illinois.
Marriage & Family
Marriage #1: Cook
John S. Fullmer adopted Chauncy Harvey Cook. Well I guess it was more like took him in. Olive Amanda Cook married Milton Cook against her parents wishes and was sent away when they discovered she was pregnant. Once she had the child (Chauncy) she joined the "hated Mormons." When Milton found out he tried to convince her to leave the Mormons but she refused so he left and was never heard of again. I'm still trying to find information on Milton Cook. Olive later became the second wife of John Solomon Fullmer.
Marriage #2: Smith
Married Olive Amanda Smith-Markham in 1846. Olive and her son Chauncey Harvey Cook were abandoned by her first husband, Milton Cook, shortly after she joined the Mormon Church. When she married David, he adopted Chauncey as one of his own sons and is identified so in many records.
He married Olive Amanda Smith and were sealed in the Nauvoo, Hancock, Illinois Temple January 21 1846, and had 11 children:
Chauncey Harvey born November 26 1842 or 1843 in Nauvoo, Hancock, Illinois;
- Chauncy Harvey Cook (1843-1923) - Great grandfather of LDS General Authority Gene R. Cook.
- Mary Ann born October 25 1846 in Florence, Douglas, Nebraska;
- James Dickens April 30 1849 in Salt Lake City, Utah;
- Joseph Leland Heywood born November 25 1850 in Davis County, Utah;
- Albert Heber born September 16 1852 in Centerville, Davis, Utah;
- Olive Amanda born September 15 1856 in Provo, Utah, Utah;
- Van Osden born May 26 1858 in Spanish Fork, Utah, Utah;
- Edwin born March 13 1860 in Provo, Utah, Utah;
- Alonzo Smith March 17 1862 in Provo, Utah, Utah;
- Alma L. born September 20 1864 in Springville, Utah, Utah;
- Charlotte Julia born April 3 1867 in Springville, Utah, Utah.