|Nicolas G. Messerly|
|Birth:||ca 1819, Ohio|
|Father:||Nicholas Messerly (1793)|
|Mother:||Elizabeth Caley (bef1814-?) |
|Spouse/Partner:||Elizabeth Switzer (1819)|
Nicolas G. Messerly Stonecutter born Fairfield county, Ohio. Son Jacob also was a stonecutter. Employed Henry Soving (c1828) also a stonecutter from Switzerland, whose sister Ester Maria Soving married his son Christian.
- 1850 Census lists him as N. G. Messerly age 31 in Ohio > Fairfield > Basil, page 194, line 39.
- occupation as Stone Cutter, as is son Jacob & the occupation of co-habiting Switzer relatives.
- Wife Elizabeth is age 30, children Elias 7, Calvin 5, Alpheus 2?,
- Brother Jacob (James Jacob) 18 (stone cutter) is living at his house.
- Also living there are two other Switzers and a stonecutter.
- Next door is George Messerley age 24, lives with Anna age 20, with Washington messerly age 1, "Sister Elisabeth"??not George's sister age 10,
- "Jonathan" Messerly is another neighbor and lives on a separate pacel age 20. Brother Jonas Messerly (1828) would be 22 at this time. Possibly him.
Nicholas's Male tree died out. (edit)
|Name||Birthdate||Birthplace||Death date||Death place|
|Children of Nicholas G. Messerly (1819-1872) and Elizabeth Switzer (1819-1908)|
|Elias Messerly (1843)||24 Dec 1843||Ohio||1914||Washington|
|Calvin Messerly (1845)||1 Jun 1845||Ohio||20 Sep 1863||Battle of Chickamauga|
|Alpheus Messerly (1848) (Alpheus Everett Messerly)||1848||Ohio|
|Emma Messerly (1854)||1854||Ohio||1908|
|Clara Messerly (1857) twins||1857||Ohio||1909|
|Jacob Henry Messerly (1857) twins||1857||Ohio||1862||died as boy|
|Nicholas Messerly (1859) Nicholas Leroy||1859||Ohio||1880||Died at 21. No issue|
|Ida Elizabeth Messerly (1862)||1862||Ohio||1946|
Source (all entries) is Corax the 1850 United States Federal Census > Ohio > Fairfield > Basil: beginning page 194, line 39.
|Portal | Category|