|• Lord Mayor||Dr. Bernhard Gmehling (CSU)|
|• Total||81.32 km2 (31.40 sq mi)|
|Elevation||383 m (1,257 ft)|
|• Density||350/km2 (900/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
The municipality has 16 divisions:
Neuburg was the capital of Palatinate-Neuburg. On 30 June 1972, Neuburg an der Donau became a Grosse Kreisstadt (similar to a county seat).
Neuburg an der Donau has a defensive wall around the old town. The old town contains some well worth seeing institutions and happenings, such as the 'Birdland Jazz Club Neuburg', one of the best locations for jazz auditions in Germany.
The Renaissance Ducal Palace (Pfalz-Neuburger Residenzschloss), Neuburg Castle, which was built 1530-45 under Otto Henry, Elector Palatine and took on its present-day form during the reign of Philip William, Elector Palatine, today houses several museums including a Baroque gallery of the Bavarian State Picture Collection and the Archäologie-Museum Schloss Neuburg an der Donau (Neuburg an der Donau Castle Archaeology Museum), a branch of the Bavarian State Archaeological Collection. To the other main sights belong also the late Renaissance court church Hofkirche (1607/08 built by Josef Heintz), the Town Hall (1603/09), the rococo Provinzialbibliothek (Provincial Library, 1731/32) and the baroque churches of St. Peter (1641/46) and St. Ursula (1700/01). Grünau is a renaissance hunting lodge of Elector Otto Henry, which is situated 7 km further east.
Neuburg an der Donau is twinned with:
Neuburg an der Donau is linked with:
- Hamburg, Germany
- Neuchâtel, Switzerland
- Neufchâteau, France
- New Castle, Indiana, USA
- New Castle, Pennsylvania, USA
- Newcastle, South Africa
- Newcastle-under-Lyme, UK
- Shinshiro, Japan
- The Bavarian Major General and War Minister Eduard Ritter von Lutz (1810–1893) was born in Neuburg.
- Film producer and director Bernd Eichinger (1949-2011) was born in Neuburg
- ^ "Fortschreibung des Bevölkerungsstandes" (in German). Bayerisches Landesamt für Statistik und Datenverarbeitung. 31 December 2010. https://www.statistikdaten.bayern.de/genesis/online?language=de&sequenz=tabelleErgebnis&selectionname=12411-009r&sachmerkmal=QUASTI&sachschluessel=SQUART04&startjahr=2010&endjahr=2010.
- www.neuburg-donau.de — official website
- Birdland Jazz Club Neuburg
- http://www.cybercastle.org — summit of cities named "new castle"
- photographs of Neuburg an der Donau
|This Neuburg-Schrobenhausen location article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at Neuburg an der Donau. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|