Nelson Wicks Monfort (1891-1976) was a Lieutenant Colonel who died in Paris, France. (December 27, 1891; Brooklyn, New York City, New York, USA - d. September 1976; Paris, France) Military Service Number: 0501537
George Stoney Monfort (1863-1943) and Mary Jane Berry (1866-).
World War II
He was head of the Allied Military Government for Occupied Territories during the war.
In 1947 he became a vice president of Bank of America.
In 1966 Consolidated Foods Corp. of Chicago, Illinois, a diversified food firm, named him as vice-president of its European operations.
He died in September of 1976 in Paris, France.
Researched and written by Richard Arthur Norton (1958- ) for Findagrave starting on June 18, 2013. Updated on August 22, 2013 with information from his WWI draft registration and other material on his banking career.
- ^ "Recommendation for Award for Monfort, Nelson Wicks". National Archives. http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/D7404314. Retrieved 2016-03-09.
- ^ "Financial Notes". New York Times. March 25, 1942. http://query.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=9B03EED91439E33BBC4D51DFB5668389659EDE. Retrieved 2016-03-09. "Nelson W. Monfort has been appointed an assistant vice president of the National City Bank"
- ^ "Trieste Is Tranquil Under Allies' Rule". New York Times. http://query.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=9405E0DA133BEE3BBC4852DFB166838E659EDE. Retrieved 2016-03-09. "Col. Nelson W. Monfort of New York, the outgoing regional head of the Allied Military Government"
- ^ "Return to Bank From Army". New York Times. November 7, 1945. http://query.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=9B0DE4DE173AEE3BBC4F53DFB767838E659EDE. Retrieved 2016-03-09. "Nelson Monfort, Robert Hoguet Jr. and Burton Lee have been reappointed as officers of the National City Bank upon their return to work from military service leaves of absence."
- ^ "New Post for Food Executive". New York Times. June 5, 1966. http://query.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=9D05E5DA1231E53ABC4D53DFB066838D679EDE. Retrieved 2016-03-09. "Nelson W. Monfort has been named vice president of Europeen operations of the Consolidated Foods Corporation, Chicago, it was announced yesterday by William Howlett, president. ..."