|— district —|
|• Total||3,860 km2 (1,490 sq mi)|
|• Density||198/km2 (510/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Nainital district (Hindi: नैनीताल ज़िला) is a district of Uttarakhand state, India. The headquarters is at Nainital.
Nainital District is located in Kumaon Division, and is bounded on the north by the Almora District and on the south by the Udham Singh Nagar District. Haldwani is the largest town in the district.
According to the 2011 census Nainital district has a population of 955,128, roughly equal to the nation of Fiji or the US state of Montana. This gives it a ranking of 457th in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 225 inhabitants per square kilometre (580 /sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 25.2 %. Nainital has a sex ratio of 933 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 84.85 %.
As of 2001 Indian census, the Nainital district had a population of 762,909. Hindus 655,290,Sikhs 16,107
- ^ a b c d e f "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. http://www.census2011.co.in/district.php. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- ^ US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2119rank.html. Retrieved 2011-10-01. "Fiji 883,125 July 2011 est."
- ^ "2010 Resident Population Data". U. S. Census Bureau. http://2010.census.gov/2010census/data/apportionment-pop-text.php. Retrieved 2011-09-30. "Montana 989,415"
- ^ "Uttarakhand - Districts of India: Know India". National Portal of India. http://india.gov.in/knowindia/districts/andhra1.php?stateid=UA. Retrieved 2009-04-04.
- Official website
- Nainital District at Govt. of Uttarakhand website
- More about Nainital District at aboutUttarakhand.com
|Pauri Garhwal district||Almora district|
|Bijnor district, Uttar Pradesh||Champawat district|
|Udham Singh Nagar district|
|Divisions and districts of Uttarakhand|
|Kumaon division: Almora | Bageshwar | Champawat | Nainital | Pithoragarh | Udham Singh Nagar|
|Garhwal division: Chamoli | Dehradun | Haridwar | Pauri Garhwal | Rudra Prayag | Tehri Garhwal | Uttarkashi|
|This article related to a location in the Indian state of Uttarakhand is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at Nainital district. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|