The 1850 Census shows Moses as a widower with one set of children. The children in the 1880 Census came afterwords. Elizabeth would only have been age 17 in 1850.
Moses Sanders Family Cemetery located in Homer, Banks County, Georgia - notes and/or description: Going South on Hwy 441 between Homer and Commerce, turn Right on McDonald Circle, go a mile or so, Banks County High School is on the right, cemetery is in the woods on the left. There is a driveway and a house, Turn left into the driveway, then turn right the cemetery is in the woodsand just a little way in.
Tombstone located in Sanders Cemetery, Homer, Banks Co, Georgia. "Father & Mother Moses Sanders Nov 20, 1799 - Oct. 1, 1882 E.J. Wife of Moses Sanders Oct 29, 1833 - Oct 30, 1801"
1850 US Federal Census
Taken for District #32, Franklin County, Georgia on 15 Aug 1850:
- Moses Sanders - M/50 - B: So Carolina - Ocp: Farmer
- Melessa Sanders - F/22 - B: Georgia
- Moses Sanders - M/17 - B: Georgia - Ocp: Farmer
- Martin Sanders - M/15 - B: Georgia -
1880 US Federal Census
Taken 15 Jun 1880 in Banks County, Georgia/ No. Carolina is listed as birthplace for both parents.
- Moses Sanders - M/82 -B: So Carolina -
- Ellisabeth Sanders - F/46 - Wife - B: Georgia
- Mark N Sanders - M/17 - Son - B: Georgia
- Mary L Sanders - F/14 - Daughter - B: Georgia
- Milton C Sanders - M/11 - Son - B: Georgia
- Gravesite of Moses Sanders - FindAGrave Memorial #28901391
|Offspring of Moses Sanders and Nomen nescio|
|Melissa Sanders (1828-)|
|Moses Sanders (1833-)|
|Martin Sanders (1835-)|
|Offspring of Moses Sanders and Elizabeth J Meeks (1833-1901)|
|Mark Nacy Sanders (1862-1908)||26 November 1862 Homer, Banks County, Georgia, United States||1 September 1908||Ada Belle Sanders (1868-1951)|
|Mary Louvicy Sanders (1866-1887)||10 January 1866 Homer, Banks County, Georgia||18 September 1887 Georgia||John Allen Borders (1860-1930)|
|Milton Chambers Sanders (1868-1956)||16 December 1868 Homer, Banks County, Georgia||18 June 1956 Bibb County, Georgia||Frances Tyrissa Sumpter (1870-1902)|