Mordecai Murray Wheeler (1803-1842) was a pioneer of Harrison County, Ohio.
Birth[edit | edit source]
Mordecai was born November 11, 1803 in German Township, Harrison County, Ohio, to parents Nicholas Wheeler (1774-1839) and Drucilla.
1820 Census[edit | edit source]
Mordecai is believed to have resided in with his parents in the 1820 census of Green Township, Harrison County, Ohio. A reconstruction of the household is as follows:
- Nicholas Wheeler, head, 46
- Drucilla (?) Wheeler, wife, 46
- Mordecai Murray Wheeler, son, 16
- Ezekial Wheeler, son, 15
Marriage to Sarah Roberts[edit | edit source]
On January 20, 1825, Mordecai married Sarah Roberts (c1800-1876) in Harrison County, Ohio.
Children by Sarah Roberts[edit | edit source]
Census data and other records indicate that Mordecai and Sarah had at least 5 children. The known children of Mordecai and Sarah are as follows:
- ? Wheeler (son born between 1825 and 1830, appears in 1830 census)
- Nicholas Johnson Wheeler (c1828-aft1870)
- William M. Wheeler (1833-aft1880)
- Joseph W. Wheeler (c1835-aft1869)
- Mordecai Wheeler (c1839-?)
1830 Census[edit | edit source]
Mordecai appears as head of household in the 1830 census of Short Creek Township, Harrison County, Ohio. A reconstruction of the household is as follows: