|— District of Uttar Pradesh —|
|• Lok Sabha constituencies||Mathura|
|• Total||3,329.4 km2 (1,285.5 sq mi)|
|• Density||490/km2 (1,300/sq mi)|
|• Literacy||62.21 per cent|
|• Sex ratio|
The district is bounded on the northeast by Aligarh District, on the southeast by Hathras District, on the south by Agra District, and on the west by Rajasthan and northwest by Haryana state. The district is part of Agra division.
The district comprises several smaller units, called Tahsils. - Gokul - Raya
Other notable places in Mathura District -
- Mathura - the town
Demographics[edit | edit source]
According to the 2011 census Mathura district has a population of 2,541,894, roughly equal to the nation of Kuwait or the US state of Nevada. This gives it a ranking of 167th in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 761 inhabitants per square kilometre (1,970 /sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 22.53 %. Mathura has a sex ratio of 858 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 72.65 %.
Languages[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ "District-specific Literates and Literacy Rates, 2001". Registrar General, India, Ministry of Home Affairs. http://www.educationforallinindia.com/page157.html. Retrieved 2010-10-10.
- ^ a b c d e f "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. http://www.census2011.co.in/district.php. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- ^ US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2119rank.html. Retrieved 2011-10-01. "Kuwait 2,595,62"
- ^ "2010 Resident Population Data". U. S. Census Bureau. http://2010.census.gov/2010census/data/apportionment-pop-text.php. Retrieved 2011-09-30. "Nevada 2,700,551"
- ^ M. Paul Lewis, ed (2009). "Agariya: A language of India". Ethnologue: Languages of the World (16th edition ed.). Dallas, Texas: SIL International. http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=agi. Retrieved 2011-09-28.
|Mewat district, Haryana||Palwal district, Haryana||Aligarh district|
|Bharatpur district, Rajasthan||Mahamaya Nagar district|
|This Mathura district location article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at Mathura district. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|