Mary Adeline Potter (1854-1874)
- First Anglo Child born in San Bernardino CA
- Died at age 19 - one week after birth of 2nd child
- Daughter of Arnold Potter (1804-1872) and Elizabeth Ann Birch (1824-1899) a Welsh Immigrant
- 1854-Sep-07 : Birth at the newly formed LDS Colony in San Bernardino, California.
- 1870-Apr-11 : Marriage (age 16) to Welcome Chapman (1849-1900) in Salt Lake City, Salt Lake Co, Utah Territory, USA
- 1874-Mar-07 : Died in Murray, Salt Lake Co, Utah Territy - buried in Salt Lake City.
A detail history of Welcome Chapman and his wife is found in his daughter biographical book, see below.
Welcome's first wife, Mary Adeline, married Welcome at the LDS Endowment House in Salt Lake City. The moved to Widently, near Park City Ut. Sadly, she died at age 20 just one week after the birth of their second child. Mary was the first anglo child born in the LDS Colony in San Bernardino, California.
Welcome married two more times afterwards and moved his family to Arizona.
Welcome made a living as a stonecutter, seller of Nevada Silver Tableware, eyeglass maker, photographer and farmer. He died at age 51, probably from Walking Typhoid Fever.
Children of Welcome Chapman and Mary Potter
- Mary Ann Chapman (1872-1973) - died age 101, m. James Moroni Richey
- Elizabeth Amelia Chapman (1874-1962) - m. Charles Douglas
- Welcome Chapman Family Ancestry
- Mary Ann Chapman Richey, An Arizona Pioneer - Her History and Her Family, compiled by Alvin C. Rencher, 2009. Collection of family history and her personal diaries.
|Offspring of Mary Adeline Potter Chapman and Welcome Chapman (1849-1900)|
|Mary Ann Chapman (1872-1973)||22 April 1872 Chapman Silver Creek Ranch, Parleys Park, Summit County, Utah, United States||3 July 1973 Show Low, Navajo County, Arizona, United States|| James Moroni Richey (1848-1930)|
|Elizabeth Amelia Chapman (1874-1962)||28 February 1874 South Cottonwood, Salt Lake County, Utah, United States||6 November 1962 Show Low, Navajo County, Arizona, United States|| Charles Douglas (1854-1919)|
|Offspring of Arnold Potter and Almira Smith (1804-1832)|
|Harriet Orselia Potter (1823-1850)|| |
|William Potter (1826-1859)|| |
|Ann P Potter (1828-1907)|| |
|John H Potter (1832-)|| |
|Sarah Delight Potter (1828-1905)||9 September 1828 Salisbury, Herkimer County, New York, United States||9 June 1905 Smoot, Lincoln County, Wyoming, United States|| William Mangum (1811-1888)|
|Offspring of Arnold Potter and Elizabeth Ann Birch (1823-1899)|
|John Potter (1844-)|| |
|Wallace Edwin Potter (1850-1909)|| |
|George A Potter (1852-1909)|| |
|Mary Adeline Potter (1854-1874)||7 September 1854 San Bernardino, San Bernardino County, California, United States||7 March 1874 Murray, Salt Lake County, Utah, United States|| Welcome Chapman (1849-1900)|
|Elizabeth Ann Potter (1858-1931)|