Martha Weighte Ford Browne was born circa 1589 in Worcestershire, England and died circa 1630 Plymouth Colony, Plymouth, Plymouth County, Massachusetts of unspecified causes. She married William Ford (1562-1621) 1615 in England. She married Peter Browne (bef1600-1633) 1626 in Plymouth, Plymouth County, Massachusetts.
Marriage & Family
1st Marriage: William Ford
Mayflower pilgrim, Peter Browne (bef1600-1633) married Martha Weight aka: Widow Ford, the widow of a Mr. Ford, both passengers in 1621 on the ship Fortune with the husband dying before arrival to Plymouth Colony. She was married to Peter Browne in 1626 and had two daughters before her death in 1630.
Martha gave birth to a son the day of arrival but he died soon after. Per Banks, Mourt’s Relations (p. 63) records this event: “the good wife Ford was delivered of a sonne the first night shee landed, and both of them are very well.”
Children of Martha and her first husband, Mr. Ford:
- John Ford, born about 1617. His name appears in a record of January 5, 1640/1 and after that no further reference can be found.
- Martha Ford was born about 1619 and died in Plymouth on December 20, 1683. She married William Nelson in Plymouth on October 29, 1640 and had four children.
- A son born on November 9, 1621 upon the arrival of the Fortune in Plymouth. He died soon after.
2nd Marriage: Peter Brown
Mayflower pilgrim, Peter Browne (bef1600-1633) married Martha Weight, the widow of a Mr. Ford, both passengers in 1621 on the ship Fortune with the husband dying before arrival to Plymouth Colony. She was married to Peter Browne in 1626 and had two daughters before her death in 1630.
Children of Peter and Martha Browne:
- Mary Browne was born about 1626 and died after November 1689. She married Ephraim Tinkham in Plymouth by October 27, 1647 and had nine children. A deed dated October 27, 1647 notes that Ephraim Tinkham and wife Mary sold to Henry Sampson land in Duxbury which was one-third of the land belonging to Peter Brown, deceased.
- Priscilla Browne was born about 1628 and died after February 17, 1697/8. She married William Allen in Sandwich on March 21, 1649 and had eight children. On June 8, 1650 William Allen of Sandwich and wife Priscilla sold to John Brown of Duxbury, weaver, land in Duxbury which was one part of three belonging to the children of Peter Brown, brother of John Brown. On April 15, 1668 William Allen sold to Henry Tucker a one-third share of land in Dartmouth which was granted to Peter Brown as a Purchaser of 1626.
- William Brown born about 1625 and died 7 April 1694 in Eastham, Mass. He married Mary Murdock (1625-1694) and they had at least 5 children: Mary Brown (unmarried?) (1650-1693), George Brown (1651-1721) married Mrs. Mulford and Mrs. Knowles, William Brown (1654-1685) married Susannah Harding (1675-1769), Samuel Brown Sr (1656-1691) married Martha Harding (1662-1692), and John Brown (1658-1730)
|Offspring of William Ford and Martha Weighte (1589-1630)|
|John Ford (1617-)||1617 England||1641 Plymouth, Plymouth County, Massachusetts|
|Martha Ford (1619-1683)||1619 England||29 October 1683 Plymouth, Plymouth County, Massachusetts||William Nelson (1615-1679)|
|Child Ford (1621-1621)||9 November 1621 onboard the Fortune, Plymouth Harbor, Plymouth County, Massachusetts||1621 Plymouth, Plymouth County, Massachusetts|
|Offspring of Peter Browne and Martha Weighte (1589-1630)|
|William Browne (1625-1694)||1625 Plymouth Colony, Plymouth, Plymouth County, Massachusetts||7 April 1694 Eastham, Barnstable County, Massachusetts||Mary Murdock (1625-1694)|
|Mary Browne (1626-1689)||1626 Plymouth Colony, Plymouth, Plymouth County, Massachusetts||1689 Middleborough, Plymouth County, Massachusetts||Ephraim Tinkham (1606-1683)|
|Priscilla Browne (1628-1697)||1628 Plymouth Colony, Plymouth, Plymouth County, Massachusetts||1691 Sandwich, Barnstable County, Massachusetts||William Allen (1627-1705)|