Maria Mstislavna Rurik of Kiev was born circa 1108 to Mstislav I Vladimirovich of Kiev (1076-1132) and Christina Ingesdotter of Sweden (c1080-1122) and died circa 1155 of unspecified causes. She married Vsevolod II Olgovich of Kiev (1094-1146) . Ancestors are from Belarus, Russia, Ukraine, Sweden, the Byzantine Empire.
Princess Maria (Agafia) Mstislavna was married to the Novgorod-Severus prince Vsevolod Olgovich in 1116 . Her husband was a long-time opponent of her father, and the marriage was called upon to soften relations.
Later, when her husband took the throne of Kiev from the wife of his wife Monomashich, his wife became an important mediator between him and his brothers. For example, during a dispute about the Novgorod table Izyaslav Mstislavich instructs her to "ask for" his wife in that she carries out  .
It is believed that she was one of the founders of the Church of St. Cyril in Kiev , which began to be built in 1139, with the accession of Vsevolod to the throne of the throne. It was the main cathedral of the Cyril Monastery, apparently designed to become the family burial vault of the Chernigov princes of the Ol'govichi . In this church Mary was buried.
Maria and Vsevolod had five children:
- Svyatoslav Vsevolodovich (about 1123-1194), Prince Vladimir-Volynsky (1141-46), Prince of Turov (1142, 1154), Prince of Novgorod-Seversky (1157-64), Chernigov (1164-77), Grand Prince of Kiev (1174, 1177-80) , with 1182)
- [Yaroslav Vsevolodovich, Prince of Chernigov (from 1177)
- Anna ; husband: Ivan Vasilkovich (died 1141), Prince of Halych
- [[Zvenislava Vsevolodovna of Chernigov (c1126-c1157)[Zvenislava (Anastasia)]] (died between 1155-60); husband. with 1142 Boleslaw I (died 1201), Prince of Silesian-Wroclaw
- daughter ; husband: Vladislav (1144-1170), Prince of Brno
- Морозова Л. Великие и неизвестные женщины Древней Руси. — Мoscow, АСТ, 2009
|Offspring of Mstislav I Vladimirovich of Kiev|
(Мстислав Владимирович Великий, Великий князь Киевский) and Lyubava Dmitriyevna (c1104-c1170)
|Vladimir III Mstislavich of Kiev (1132-1171)||1132||30 May 1171|| Unnamed daughter of Beloš (c1130-c1190)|
|Yaropolk Mstislavich of Porossk (c1131-1149)||1131||1149|| |
|Euphrosyne Mstislavna of Kiev (1130-1193)||1130||1193|| Géza II of Hungary (c1130-1162)|