Margery de Venebles was born 1369 in Kinderton, Cheshire, England, United Kingdom to Hugh de Venables (c1330-1382) and Margery Cotton (-aft1397) and died 1459 Peover Superior, Cheshire, England, United Kingdom of unspecified causes. She married Richard Bulkeley (1369-1391) 1386 JL in Cheshire, England, United Kingdom. She married Randle Mainwaring (1367-1456) 1391 JL in Kinderton, Cheshire, England, United Kingdom.
Margery and Randle are buried in the south chapel that contains a canopied tomb with the effigies of Randle Mainwaring in a complete suit of plate armour, his feet resting on a lion and his head on the family crest, and his wife Margery in a long robe and an ornate head-dress. She was the forth great grandmother of Randle Mainwaring, who is also buried in the church.
Marriage and Family
1st Marriage: Richard de Bulkeley
Margery Venables, daughter of Sir Hugh Venables of Kinderton, Sheriff of Cheshire and Margery Cotton Baroness Kinderton. Margery first husband was Richard Bulkeley (1369-1391), son of William de Bulkeley and Alice de Vernon. They married in 1387 in Cheadle, Cheshire, England. He died November 11, 1391 in Cheadle.
Their children were
- Alice de Bulkeley was born 1388 in Cheadle, Cheshire, England
- Margerey de Bulkeley (1389-1440) was born 1389, she married Sir Lawrence Warren Knight on 1412 in Poynton, Cheshire, England.
- Clemence de Bulkeley was born 1390 in Cheadle, Cheshire, England
- Richard de Bulkeley Esquire was born 1391 and died 1454
2nd Marriage: Randle Mainwaring
Margery married as her second husband Randle Mainwaring (1367-1456) in 1391, at Kinderton, Cheshire, England. Children of Randle and Margery were:
- John Mainwaring, eldest son
- William Mainwaring, second son, from whom the Manwarings of Ightfield in Shropshire descend.
- Randle (or Ralph) Mainwaring, third son, from whom the Mainwarings of Carincham descend, married to Margaret, daughter of Sir John Savage of Clifton.
- Elizabeth Mainwaring, who married Raufe Egerton of Wyne-hill in Staffordshire
- Cicecly Mainwaring, married Thomas Fowleshurst of Crew in Cheshire
- Joan Mainwaring, married John Davenport, son and heir of Raufe Davenport, of Davenport in Cheshire, in 1411.
- Ellen Mainwaring married Thomas Fitton of Gowsworth in cheshire
- Agnes Mainwaring, was to marry William Bromely, but died before they could marry
- Margaret Mainwaring, married William, who was to marry her sister. William Bromley was of Badington in cheshsire and was the son of Sir John Bromely. Margaret was a widow in 1436, and later married John Nedham of Crannach, "justiciarius de branco, and judge of Cheshire.
Randle also had two illegitamate sons:
- Hugh Mainwaring, whose mother was Emme Farrington. He married Margaret, sister and eventually heir of Ralph Croxton, of Croxton,and from Hugh the Mainwarings of Croxton nigh Middlewich descend.
- Thomas Mainwaring of North-Rode
There was also one other son and three daughters not named by Ormerod. County Families of Lancashire and Cheshire give this unnamed son as Randle.
|Offspring of Richard de Bulkeley and Margery de Venables (1369-1459)|
|Alice de Bulkeley (1388-)|
|Margerey de Bulkeley (1389-1440)||1389 Cheshire, England||1440 Poynton, Cheshire, England||Lawrence de Warenne (1394-1444)|
|Clemence de Bulkeley (1390-)|
|Richard de Bulkeley (1391-1454)|
|Offspring of Randle Mainwaring of Over-Peover and Margery de Venables (1369-1459)|
|John Mainwaring (?-bef1481)|
|William Mainwaring (c1396-1499)||1396 Ightfield, Shropshire, England, United Kingdom||6 March 1499 Whitchurch, Shropshire, England, United Kingdom||Margaret Warren (c1400-1437)|
|Randle Mainwaring (?-?)|
|Hugh Mainwaring (?-?)|
|Elizabeth Mainwaring (c1395-1481)||1395 Peover Superior, Cheshire, England, United Kingdom||25 February 1481 Gawsworth, Cheshire, England, United Kingdom||Ralph de Egerton (c1398-1452)|
|Cicely Mainwaring (-1502)||1401 England||24 May 1502 England||Thomas Fouleshurst (c1400-)|
|Joan Mainwaring (?-?)|
|Ellen Mainwaring (?-?)|
|Agnes Mainwaring (?-?)|
|Margaret Mainwaring (?-?)|