BiographyMargaret of York was born 3 May 1446 in Fotheringhay Castle, Northamptonshire, England, United Kingdom to Richard Plantagenet, 3rd Duke of York (1411-1460) and Cecily Neville (1415-1495) and died 23 November 1503 in Mechelen, Antwerp Province, Flanders, Belgium of unspecified causes. She married Charles, Duke of Burgundy (1433-1477) 3 July 1468 JL in Damme, Flanders, Belgium. Notable ancestors include Henry II of England (1133-1189), William I of England (1027-1087), Charlemagne (747-814), Hugh Capet (c940-996), Alfred the Great (849-899). Ancestors are from the United Kingdom, Spain, France, Germany, Belgium, England, Russia, Ukraine, Portugal, Hungary, the Netherlands, Ireland, Italy, Israel, Turkey, the Byzantine Empire, Sweden, Belarus, Switzerland.
Common ancestors of Margaret of York (1446-1503) and Charles, Duke of Burgundy (1433-1477)
- Edward II of England (1284-1327)
- Edward III of England (1312-1377)
- Isabella Capet (c1295-1358)
- Jeanne de Valois (c1294-1342)
- John of Gaunt, 1st Duke of Lancaster (1340-1399)
- Philippa of Hainaut (1311-1369)
- William I of Hainaut (c1286-1337)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.