Lady Margaret Stafford Warenne Mainwaring, Baroness of Stockport was born circa 1345 in Wickham, Norfolk, England to John Stafford (1302-1373) and Elizabeth Somerville (c1312-1337) and died 6 April 1418 Over Peover, Cheshire, England of unspecified causes. She married John de Warenne (1343-1387) 1371 JL in Cheshire, England. She married John Mainwaring (1344-1410) 1390 JL in Cheshire, England.
Marriage and Family
John de Warenne (1343-1387) first married to Margaret de Stafford (c1345-), daughter and heiress of Sir John de Stafford of Wickham, Norfolk, knight. Marriage settlement dated 1371. (She remarried John Mainwaring of Over Peover about 1387 and died 1418. There is a monument to her at Over Peover.) Sir John de Warren had a son Nicholas and a daughter, Margaret.
- Nicholas de Warren of Poynton and Stockport - born about 1378 died in 1413. Married Agnes de Wynnington. Only son.
|Offspring of John de Warenne and Margaret de Stafford (c1345-)|
|Nicholas de Warenne (1371-1413)||1371 Poynton, Cheshire, England||1413 England||Agnes de Wynnington (1375-1417)|
|Margaret de Warenne (1374-)|
|Isabel de Warenne (1377-)|
- Margaret Stafford
- Stafford in Cheshire
- Warenne Family Ancestry
- Lady Margaret Mainwaring at Find A Grave #103351656
- Family History of the Warrens of Poynton Lodge -Earwaker's East Cheshire.
- Margaret de Stafford, Barrones Stockport - GENI
- From Warren Family Researcher Pamela Johnson. Source: East Cheshire Past and Present by J.P. Earwaker, London, 1877 (CRO, Knutsford). This is widely regarded as the best work on East Cheshire of the 19th century. It is useful for family trees of landed families.