Margaret Olivia Jacobsen (1895-1989) aka Maggi Octavia Jakobsen (b. May 08, 1895, Farsund, Vest-Agder, Norway - d. February 01, 1989, 6 Livingston Avenue, Kearny, Hudson County, New Jersey, USA) Social Security Number 136546782.
Name[edit | edit source]
She was listed as "Maggi Octavia Jakobsen" and in another transcription as "Magei Ogtavia Jakobsen" in the 1900 Norway census. Her daughter says her name was "Margaret Olivia Jacobsen" in the United States.
Parents[edit | edit source]
Birth[edit | edit source]
She was born on May 08, 1895 in Farsund, Vest-Agder, Norway.
Siblings[edit | edit source]
- Jørdis Theodora Jakobsen (1883-?) who was working as a maid in New York City in 1900
- Jakob Krestian Jakobsen (1884-?)
- Ann Marie Jacobsen (1886-c1970) who married Alfred Magnus Jacobsen (c1885-c1985)
- Martin Jakobsen (1892-?).
Farsund, Norway[edit | edit source]
In 1900 they were living at "Nykastelgaden 66, Almindeligt Vaaningshus" in Farsund, Norway and they were listed as: "Jørgen Mikal Jakobsen" who was working as a "sjømmand"; "Oline Jakobsen" who was working as a "husarbeide"; "Jørdis Theodora Jakobsen"; "Jakob Krestian Jakobsen"; "Anne Marie Jakobsen"; "Martin Jakobsen"; and "Magei Ogtavia Jakobsen".
Emigration[edit | edit source]
She emigrated from Kristiansand, Norway on May 17, 1912 as "Maggi Oktavia Jacobsen". She listed her occupation as "sjømand".
Marriage[edit | edit source]
Child[edit | edit source]
Together Emil and Margaret had one child, Eleanor.
Jersey City, New Jersey[edit | edit source]
In 1930 the family was living at 114 Carlton Avenue in Jersey City, New Jersey. Emil was listed as "Emil Schnider" in the Census and he was working as a stock broker.
Death[edit | edit source]
She died while living at 6 Livingston Avenue in the Arlington section of Kearny, Hudson County, New Jersey.
Burial[edit | edit source]
She was buried on Staten Island in the Ocean View Cemetery. In the same lot are:
- Anne Marie Jacobsen (1917-2001) wife of Arnt
- Arnt Thorsen (1914-1981) husband of Anne Marie Jacobsen
- Margaret X (1918-1993) wife of Alfred Jacobsen
- Alfred Jacobsen (1914-1996) husband of Margaret
- Thomas A. Jacobsen (1955-2000) son of Margaret and Alfred, who died in Grenada.