Lewis Brigham was born 24 March 1756 in Marlborough, Middlesex County, Massachusetts to Asa Brigham (1729-1795) and Elizabeth Warren (1734-1804) and died 22 February 1803 Marlborough, Middlesex County, Massachusetts of unspecified causes. He married Mary Rice (1767-1797) 18 September 1786 in Marlborough, Middlesex County, Massachusetts.
Revolutionary War Service
Lewis Brigham was in Captain William Brigham’s Company, Col. Jonathan Ward's Regiment, and was a descendent of Thomas Brigham whose widow Mercy had married Edmond Rice, one of the original settlers of Marlborough. He is listed on the Marlborough 1775 Minuteman Roster.
Volume 2 page 532, Brigham, Lewis, Private, Capt. William Brigham's co., Col. Jonathan Ward's regt., which marched on the alarm of April 19, 1775, to Cambridge; service, 11 days.
Lewis Brigham (1756-1803) served as corporal in the Massachusetts troops under Captain Brigham and Colonel Ward. He was born and died in Marlborough, Mass.
Event: Will Probated 1803 Middlesex, Massachusetts, USA Death: 22 FEB 1803 in Marlborough, Middlesex, Massachusetts, USA
Marriage & Family
Children, born in Marlborough:
- Asa Brigham (1788-1844) - One of the signers of the Texas Declaration of Independence
- Susanna (Sukey) Brigham (1790-) - Sukey (or Susanna), b. 12 April, 1790; m. 29 Jan., 1809, Stephen, son of Artemas and Mary (Bigelow) Howe; b. in Marlborough, 21 March, 1780; his grandmother was Ruth4 Brigham, 31. Ch. (Howe), b. in Marlborough:
- Sally Brigham (1792-)
- Mary Brigham (1794-)
- Abigail Brigham (1796-)
|Offspring of Lewis Brigham and Mary Rice (1767-1797)|
|Asa Brigham (1788-1844)||31 August 1788 Marlborough, Middlesex County, Massachusetts, United States||3 August 1844 Washington County, Texas, United States||Elizabeth Swift Babcock (1790-1833) Elizabeth Swift Babcock (1790-1833) Ann Johnson Mathers (c1790-)|
|Susanna Brigham (1790-)|
|Sally Brigham (1792-)|
|Mary Brigham (1794-)|
|Abigail Brigham (1796-)|
- Asa Brigham 1788 Immigrant Ancestors
- City of Marlborough History
- Lewis Brigham Research on Roots Web - by Brenda B Watson.