|— Town —|
|• Total||37.4 sq mi (96.8 km2)|
|• Land||36.6 sq mi (94.7 km2)|
|• Water||0.8 sq mi (2.1 km2)|
|Elevation||1,076 ft (328 m)|
|• Density||30.5/sq mi (11.8/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||1583546|
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 37.4 square miles (96.8 km²), of which, 36.6 square miles (94.7 km²) of it is land and 0.8 square miles (2.1 km²) of it (2.22%) is water.
As of the census of 2000, there were 1,116 people, 389 households, and 317 families residing in the town. The population density was 30.5 people per square mile (11.8/km²). There were 396 housing units at an average density of 10.8 per square mile (4.2/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 99.10% White, 0.36% Native American, 0.45% Asian, 0.09% from other races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.63% of the population.
There were 389 households out of which 35.5% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 72.5% were married couples living together, 4.6% had a female householder with no husband present, and 18.5% were non-families. 15.9% of all households were made up of individuals and 8.7% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.87 and the average family size was 3.20.
In the town, the population was spread out with 27.3% under the age of 18, 8.0% from 18 to 24, 29.0% from 25 to 44, 23.1% from 45 to 64, and 12.5% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 37 years. For every 100 females there were 108.6 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 109.0 males.
The median income for a household in the town was $53,333, and the median income for a family was $56,250. Males had a median income of $36,818 versus $25,481 for females. The per capita income for the town was $18,714. About 3.9% of families and 3.9% of the population were below the poverty line, including 2.3% of those under age 18 and 4.5% of those age 65 or over.
- ^ a b "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. http://geonames.usgs.gov. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ a b "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. http://factfinder2.census.gov. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ 'Wisconsin Blue Book 1885,' Biographical Sketch of Andrew Bachhuber, pg. 430
- ^ 'Wisconsin Blue Book 1907,' Biographical Sketch of Frank S. Bauer, pg. 1146
- ^ 'Wisconsin Blue Book 1929,' Biographical Sketch of John M. Dihring, pg. 545
- ^ 'Wisconsin Blue Book 1971,' Members of State Assembly, pg. 43
- ^ 'Wisconsin Blue Book 1921,' Biographical Sketch of Joseph Weix, pg. 276
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at LeRoy, Wisconsin. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|