Early Utah Mormon Pioneer
- Daughter of Paul Pitkin (1759-1822) and Abigail Lathrop (1762-1824)
- 1790-Sep-10 : Birth in Somers, Tolland, Connecticut
- 1846-Feb-03 : Marriage to Heber Chase Kimball (1801-1868) in Nauvoo Illinois
- 1848-Sep-24 : Arrival in Salt Lake City
- 1866-Nov-16 : Died in Salt Lake City
One of two spinsters (the other being her sister, Abigail Pitkin (1797-1847)) that married Heber C Kimball, the Mormon missionary and apostle. One of four grandchildren of the Pitkin-Lathrop Family to marry him.
(10 September 1790 Connecticut-16 November 1866 Salt Lake City). Married on 3 February 1846. Frequently served as mid-wife for the Kimball family. No children herself.
Traveled across the Great Plains to Utah in 1848 in the big Heber C Kimball Wagon Train. Departure: 7 June 1848 / Arrival: 24 September 1848. 662 individuals were in the company when it began its journey from the outfitting post at Winter Quarters, Nebraska.
- Spencer Kimball Family Ancestry
- Heber C. Kimball: Mormon Patriarch and Pioneer - By Stanley B. Kimball - pg 312 - Free on Google Books
- Laura Pitkin Kimball Journal - LDS Church Archives