Laney Add Adair Ewing was born 2 July 1824 in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, United States to Thomas Adair (1774-1858) and Rebecca Brown (1776-1846) and died 29 June 1881 Johnson County, Texas, United States of unspecified causes. She married John Ellis Ewing (1822-1905) 13 July 1843 in Itawamba County, Mississippi, United States.
While the rest of Laney's extended family joined the Mormon Church in the Itawamba 1845 LDS Branch, there is no indication that Laney and her husband joined. It also appears that they were childless.
1860 US Federal Census
Taken at Itawamba County, Mississippi -
- John E Ewing M/38 - B:Alabama
- Laney Ewing F/37 - B:Alabama
- Mary J Miller F/21 - B:Alabama
- George M Corothers M/15 - B:Mississippi
1880 US Federal Census
Taken at Precinct 1, Johnson, Texas
- John E Ewing - M/59 - B:Alabama
- Lany Ewing - F/55 - B:Alabama