BiographyKatharina zu Sayn-Wittgenstein was born 10 August 1588 in Berleburg to Ludwig I. zu Sayn und Wittgenstein (1532-1605) and Elisabeth zu Solms-Laubach (1549-1599) and died 9 May 1651 in Dillenburg of unspecified causes. She married Ludwig Heinrich von Nassau-Dillenburg (1594-1662) 25 November 1615 in Hachenburg. Notable ancestors include Henry II of England (1133-1189), William I of England (1027-1087), Charlemagne (747-814), Hugh Capet (c940-996), Alfred the Great (849-899). Ancestors are from Germany, France, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Italy, Belgium, Russia, Ukraine, Austria, the Czech Republic, Lithuania, Belarus, Hungary, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, the Byzantine Empire, Sweden, Canaan, Portugal.
Common ancestors of Katharina zu Sayn-Wittgenstein (1588-1651) and Ludwig Heinrich von Nassau-Dillenburg (1594-1662)
- Anna von Katzenelnbogen (1443-1494)
- Elisabeth von Hessen (1466-1523)
- Heinrich III. von Hessen-Marburg (1440-1483)
- Johann von Nassau-Dillenburg (1410-1475)
- Johann von Nassau-Dillenburg (1455-1516)
- Maria von Loon-Heinsberg (1426-1502)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.