Katharina Kotromanić was born circa 1336 to Stephen II of Bosnia (1292-1353) and Elizabeth of Kuyavia (c1317-aft1345) and died circa 1396 of unspecified causes. Notable ancestors include Charlemagne (747-814), Alfred the Great (849-899), Hugh Capet (c940-996). Ancestors are from the Czech Republic, Russia, Ukraine, France, Germany, the United Kingdom, Belgium, Italy, the Byzantine Empire, Sweden, Belarus.
Catherine of Bosnia (Bosnian: Katarina Kotromanić; Slovenian: Katarina Celjska-Kotromanićka) was a Bosnian noblewoman. She was Countess of Cilli by her marriage to Hermann I, Count of Cilli, and a member of the House of Kotromanić by birth.
It is known that Catherine was of Bosnian origins, but her parentage is disputed. Some  believes that Catherine was the daughter of Vladislav Kotromanić and his wife Jelena Šubić. Others  believe she was the second daughter of Stephen II, Ban of Bosnia and his third wife Elizabeth of Kuyavia. If Catherine was a daughter of Stephen, she is the sister of Queen Elizabeth of Hungary; if she was a daughter of Vladislav, she was sister of King Tvrtko I of Bosnia.
Catherine's parentage is not clear because there is no evidence to link Catherine to either of the couples.
Catherine was married in 1361 to Hermann I, Count of Cilli. The couple were married for twenty-three years and had at least two children:
- Johann of Cilli, died young
- Hermann II, Count of Cilli, married Countess Anna of Schaunberg and became father of Holy Roman Empress Barbara.
There is a famous coin with Catherine's image which confirms that Catherine died in the 15th century.
- ^ Katarina of Bosnia, Genealogics - Leo van de Pas
- ^ Marek, Miroslav. "Balkan 2". Genealogy.EU. http://genealogy.euweb.cz/balkan/balkan2.html#S1.
- ^ Cawley, Charles, BOSNIA, Medieval Lands, Foundation for Medieval Genealogy, http://fmg.ac/Projects/MedLands/BOSNIA.htm#VladislavKotromanicdied1354B, retrieved August 2012 ,
- ^ International Numismatic Commission: A Survey of numismatic research, 1978-1984: Ancient, medieval and modern numismatics (Katharine von Celje-Kotromanic" und ihr Siegel); 1986
|Offspring of Katharina Kotromanić and Herman I, Count of Cilli (c1333-1385)|
|Johann Count of Cilli (c1353-1372)|| |
|Herman II, Count of Cilli and Ortenburg (c1365-1435)||13 October 1365 Bratislava, Slovakia||1435|| Anna von Schaunberg (c1358-1396)|
|Offspring of Stephen II of Bosnia and Elizabeth of Kuyavia (c1317-aft1345)|
|Katharina Kotromanić (c1336-c1396)||1336||1396|| Herman I, Count of Cilli (c1333-1385)|
|Elizabeth of Bosnia (c1339-1387)||1339||16 January 1387|| Louis I of Hungary (1326-1382)|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1336|
|PLACE OF BIRTH|
|DATE OF DEATH||1396|
|PLACE OF DEATH|
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at Katharina Kotromanić (c1336-c1396). The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|