(Research):The Crookwell and District Historical Society cite an Elizabeth Reid (b. 1853) as a child of Joseph Reid and Mary Ann Marks. Birth record cited as 1853-2111 Vol 38 NSW. This record does not seem to be in NSW BDM index. However, a record does exist in Vol 39 with the same reference number. This is for a birth in Queensland (then part of NSW). The surname in the register is illegible, but it may be 'Read' or 'Ryan' or something else entirely. Parents are given as Joseph (a farmer) and Mary Ann (no maiden name). Given that:
1. This is before their marriage and Mary Ann was 17 (not impossible of course),
2. According to Joseph and Mary Ann's death certificates, neither ever lived in Queensland,
3. Subsequent birth certificates which enumerate previous issue do not seem to count this child,
4. There are no subsequent death records for this child, and
5. She is not listed on either parents death certificate,
I prefer to conclude that Elizabeth (b. 1853) was not their child.