Joseph Church was born 9 March 1638 in Hingham, Plymouth County, Massachusetts to Richard Church (1608-1668) and Elizabeth Warren (1616-1670) and died 5 March 1711 Little Compton, Newport County, Rhode Island of unspecified causes. He married Mary Tucker (1640-1710) 13 December 1660 in Hingham, Plymouth County, Massachusetts.
From Pane-Joyce Genealogical Project: 8808. Joseph Church. Born ca 1638 in Plymouth, MA. Joseph died on 5 Mar 1710/1 in Little Compton, RI. Occupation: carpenter. On 30 Dec 1660 Joseph married Mary Tucker, daughter of John Tucker (-5 Aug 1661) & [——] (-23 May 1644), in Hingham, MA. Born ca 1640 in Hingham, MA. Mary was baptized in Hingham, MA, on 8 Oct 1640. Mary died on 21 Mar 1710 in Little Compton, RI. Joseph and Mary moved from Hingham to Little Compton in 1679.
From Lincoln’s History of Hingham: Joseph, probably came to Hingham with his parents, 1653, and m. here [Hingham], Dec. 30, 1660, Mary, dau. of John Tucker. This fam. removed from Hing. soon after the birth of the youngest dau., as will be seen by the following: ‘May 26, 1679, Joseph Church late of Hing. 'carpenter', and Mary his wife in consideration of £114, sells to John Norton, pastor of the Church of Christ in Hingham all those their three lots of land which Richard Church, father of the said Joseph, formerly purchased of Ensign John Thaxter, with the dwelling-house, barns and orchards standing upon the said land,’etc. (S.R. Vol. II. p. 232). Constable, 1672.
|Offspring of Joseph Church and Mary Tucker (1640-1710)|
|Joseph Church (1662-1715)|
|Elizabeth Church (1663-1749)|
|Sarah Church (1666-1672)|
|Mary Church (1666-1748)|
|John Church (1668-1756)|
|Alice Church (1670-1671)|
|Benjamin Church (1671-1672)|
|Sarah Church (1673-1745)|
|William Church (1675-1710)|
|Judith Church (1676-1728)|
|Deborah Church (1676-17522)|
|Abigail Church (1680-1720)||1 June 1680 Little Compton, Newport County, Rhode Island||4 July 1720 Little Compton, Newport County, Rhode Island||William Simmons (1672-1765)|
Will Abstract of Joseph Church
Will: Taunton probate book 3. Part one. Will of Joseph Church page 21. Joseph Church of Little Compton. My small farm of 35 acres bounded east on the highway west partly by son John, south and east by Joseph Church and north by Joseph Wilbore with the dwelling house that I now live in. shall be sold. Also 2 a24 acre lots 9- 10- ll and two fifteen acres lots.
- To daughters Elizabeth Blackman, Mary Wood, Deborah Gray and Abigail Simmons certain land.
- To sons John and Joseph Church.
- To daughter Abigail Simmons land a strip four roads wide at northeast corner of brow of hill the land being near John Church and below William Simmons house.
- To daughter Elizabeth Blackman wife of Joseph one share,
- To daughter Mary Wood wife of John one share,
- To daughter Deborah Gray wife of Samuel one share,
- to daughter Abigail Simmons Wife of William Simmons one share.
- To Mary Torobonox that lives with me the bed which she lies upon
- To Indian boy Amos one half of 16 acre lot at Cookset.
Witnesses John Palmer, Joseph Church, Capt Jonathan Davenport Will made Feb 15, 1710-11, Edward Thurston. T his mark. Proved March 12 1710-11300
- Joseph Church
- Church in Plymouth County, Massachusetts
- Church in Newport County, Massachusetts