Jonathan Cutler was born 17 June 1688 in Lexington, Middlesex County, Massachusetts to Thomas Cutler (1648-1722) and Abigail Dewey (1652-1711) and died 10 June 1740 Killingly, Windham County, Connecticut of unspecified causes. He married Abigail Bigelow (1687-1746) 17 August 1710 in Watertown, Middlesex County, Massachusetts.
Jonathan Cutler (Thomas2, James1) was baptized at Watertown MA on 17 June 1688 and died at Killingly CT where an inventory of his estate was ordered 10 Jun 1746. He married at Watertown, 17 Aug 1710, Abigail Bigelow.
On 05 Nov 1709 he purchased of James Leavens in Killingly, land lying near that of his cousin Isaac, and the "five mile run". This he sold for 53L, 08 May 1710, and removed to Colchester CT.
In 1726 he was of Bellingham MA where he sold to Samuel Cutler of Killingly (formerly of Salem) all the right he possed by virtue of his being a proprietor in Killingly.
Marriage & Family
Abigail Bigelow (1687-1746) - b 07 May 1687; died unknown date at Colchester or Killingly, CT; married 01 Aug 1710 Jonathan CUTLER. Both Bigelow and Cutler genealogies state that Abigail was mother of Jonathan's 3 oldest children, baptised in Lexington, MA, but she may have died soon after her father, and that Jonathan remarried. He had 6 children in all.
- Abigail Cutler (1711-1776) - md Joseph Abbott, bapt at Lex MA
- Jonathan Cutler (1713-1789) - Bapt at Lex MA
- Beach Cutler (1716-1805) - bapt at Lex MA
- William Cutler (1726-1802) - born in Bellingham
- Stephen Cutler (1729-1814) - who settled in Vermont, returned to Connecticut, md Miss Dunlap, sister of Esq. Dunlap of Plainfield, became a wealthy farmer.
- Wyman Cutler (1729-) - who settled in NY State near the Hudson River.
|Offspring of Jonathan Cutler and Abigail Bigelow (1687-1746)|
|Abigail Cutler (1711-1776)|
|Jonathan Cutler (1713-1789)|
|Beach Cutler (1716-1805)||4 July 1716 Colchester, New London County, Connecticut||15 April 1805 Plainfield, Sullivan County, New Hampshire||Abigail Hodges (1720-1753) Abigail Hodges (1720-1753) Lydia Knight (1733-1784)|
|William Cutler (1726-1802)|
|Stephen Cutler (1729-1814)|
|Wyman Cutler (1729-)|
- Genealogy of the Bigelow Family of American, from the Marriage in 1642 of John Biglo and Mary Warren to the Year 1890 - by Gilman Bigelow Howe. (pg 26-27)
- A Cutler Memorial and Genealogical History: - pg 31.