Capt Jonathan Alden was born 22 May 1632 in 1629 Alden House, Duxbury, Plymouth County, Massachusetts, Kingdom of England to John Alden (c1599-1687) and Priscilla Mullins (1602-1680) and died 14 February 1697 Duxbury, Plymouth County, Massachusetts, Kingdom of England of unspecified causes. He married Abigail Hallett (1644-1725) 10 December 1672 in Duxbury, Plymouth County, Massachusetts.
Gravestone Inscription: "Here lyes y body of Jonatian Alden, Died February Y 14, 1697 in 65 year of his age." (Implies birth year of 1632.)
Jonathan was born about 1632 and died in Duxbury on February 14, 1697. He married Abigail Hallett on December 10, 1672, and had six children. Jonathan was buried in the Old Cemetery in South Duxbury
1629 Alden House in Duxbury
By 1629, John Alden, Sr. and his family had moved to Duxbury, Massachusetts where they built their first family home, only 38 feet x 10 feet big, in which he would raise a family of 10 children. He would build a much larger home in 1653, which much of the business of Plymouth Colony was transacted as he served as court clerk. Today, this house, which stands on Alden Street, is operated as a Alden family history museum by Alden Kindred Society.
His is the oldest extant gravestone for his historic cemetery. Others were buried here earlier, but their stones are either lost or the wooden markers have worn away.
- Capt Jonathan Alden - FindAGrave Memorial #41463526
- See Also : Alden in Massachusetts
- Family of John Alden- Wikipedia
- John Alden List of Famous Descendants
- Tour Historic Duxbury MA - Notable Families of Duxbury
- History of the Town of Duxbury MA - Free on Google Books
- Alden Family Kindred Society
- Myles Standish Burial Ground - Wikipedia