Sgt. John Joseph Judson was born 12 March 1675 in Woodbury, Litchfield County, Connecticut to John Judson (1647-1709) and Elizabeth Chapman (1651-c1696) and died 22 March 1758 Woodbury, Litchfield County, Connecticut of unspecified causes. He married Sarah Beers (1678-1722) 28 September 1698 in Woodbury, Litchfield County, Connecticut.
John Judson Sergeant (1675 - 1722) Born the second child of John Judson and Elizabeth Chapman on 12 March 1674/75, at Stratford, Fairfield County, Connecticut.
Marriage and Family
Married 28 September 1698, to Sarah Beers, at Fairfield, Fairfield County, Connecticut. She was the daughter of James Beers. Sarah was born on 8 May 1678. (Please see Beers family history.) In the local militia John held the rank of sergeant. John and Sarah (Beers) Judson had five children.
- Sarah Judson - Born 10 September 1699.
- Elizabeth Judson - Baptized June 1704. Mar- ried on 11 June 1729, to Timothy Minor. (Please see Minor family history.)
- Jeremiah Judson - Baptized in November 1705, and died young.
- Mary Judson - Born 16 February 1707/08. Married 1st 9 December 1729, Stephen Terrill. 2nd 18 November 1731, John/Jehu Minor. She died 28 September 1762.7
- John Judson - Baptized in May 1714. Married to Sarah Judson. He died 769.
|Offspring of Sgt. John Joseph Judson and Sarah Beers (1678-1722)|
|Sarah Judson (1699-1749)||10 September 1699 Woodbury, Litchfield County, Connecticut||1749 Connecticut||Timothy Walker (1693-1786)|
|Elisabeth Judson (1703-1778)|
|Jeremiah Judson (1705-)|
|Mary Judson (1708-1762)|
|John Judson (1714-1769)|
- Rev. Samuel Orcutt, A History of the Old Town of Stratford and the City of Bridgeport, Connecticut. Volume I & II. (1886) Vol. II, pp. 1228-29. (FHL-USA/CAN 974.69 H2o vol. 2.) # Wm. Howard Wilcoxson, History of Stratford Connecticut: 1639-1939. (Bridgeport, Connecticut: The Brewer-Borg Corp., 1939) “Lieut. Joseph Judson,” pp. 91-92. (FHL-USA/CAN 974.69/S3 H2w.)
- Edward E. Atwater, History of The Colony of New Haven, Connecticut. Volume I & II. (A Heritage Classic) V. 2, pp. 722-23. (FHL-USA/CAN 974.6 H2ae.) Recorded in Stratford records book C. 2, p. 279.
- Orcutt, vol. I, pp. 250-251.
- Atwater, V.2, pp. 722-23. Recorded in Stratford records book C. 3, p. 141.
- http://www.judsonconnection.com/judson2.html (accessed 13 Sep 2010.)
- http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/p/o/p/Sandra-Popiel/FILE/4207text.txt, accessed 6 Nov 2014.