John Churchill, Jr. was born 20 December 1691 in Plymouth, Plymouth County, Massachusetts to John Churchill (1657-1723) and Rebecca Delano (1657-1709) and died 25 February 1730 Plymouth, Plymouth County, Massachusetts of unspecified causes. He married Bethiah Spooner (1700-1735) 16 February 1720 in Plymouth, Plymouth County, Massachusetts.
John was the son of John Churchill & Rebecca Delano. He married in Plymouth, Bethiah Spooner, dau. of Ebenezer, Feb. 16, 1720. After John's death in 1730, Bethiah married Josiah Carver.
Children born in Plymouth:
- Ebenezer, b. Nov. 6, 1721; m. Mercy Branch, dau. of Thomas of Marshfield.
- John, b. Oct. 24, 1723; d. Sept. 28, 1725.
- John, b. Apr. 15, 1727; m. Sarah Cole, 1750.
source: The Churchill Family in America Compilers: Gardner Asaph Churchill & Nathaniel Wiley Churchill Published by the family of Gardner A. Churchill
Note: In the above mentioned book, John is referred to as: "Sergeant John Churchill"
|Offspring of John Churchill, Jr. and Bethiah Spooner (1700-1735)|
|Ebenezer Churchill (1721-1780)|
|John Churchill (1723-1725)|
|John Churchill (1727-1759)|
Here lyes ye body of Mr JOHN CHURCHILL who decd Febry ye 25th day 1729-30 in ye 39th year of his age.
- Source : Epitaphs from Burial Hill by Bradford Kingman Published 1892 Epitaph #98
- John Churchill at Find A Grave #94620290
- GrandChild of Dutch Pilgrim immigrant Philip Delano (1602-1683)
- Churchill in Plymouth County, Massachusetts
- John Churchill - Disambiguation page
- DelanoKindred.us - Exploring the Genealogy of Philippe Delano
- MainTour Duxbury - Tour Historic Duxbury MA.
- See also Philip Delano (1602-1683)/List of Famous Descendants