John Bigelow III was born circa 1740 in Holden, Worcester County, Massachusetts, United States to John Bigelow (1704-1783) and Rebecca Howe (1702-1744) and died 19 October 1807 Cummington, Hampshire County, Massachusetts, United States of unspecified causes. He married Mary Bigelow (1742-1825) 11 September 1770 in Ashburnham, Worcester County, Massachusetts.
He married Mary ____ , her name, parents, and birthdate unknown. He bought land from his father in Quabbin, now called Greenwich, on 05 June 1764. In 1785 he was in Goshen. He died in Cummington, MA 19 October 1807 (see below). His wife Mary died there 15 April 1825, aged 78 years.
He drew up a will 30 Jun 1806, and mentions daughters Prudence BATES, Mary KINGMAN, Hannah Bigelow, Ruhamah Bigelow, Polly Bigelow, Betsy Bigelow, Lydia Bigelow; wife Mary; sons John, William, and Aaron. Aaron was appointed guardian of Betsy and Lydia, they being under 14 years of age.
- Location : Harlow Cemetery, Cummington, Massachusetts
- Inscription: In memory of John Bigelow who died Oct 19th 1807 aged 67 (black schist) 14/9
1790 US Census
1790 census: MA-Hampshire-Cummington-John Bigelow: 2-3-6-0-0.
- John Bigelow
- Bigelow in Hampshire County, Massachusetts
- John Bigelow - BigelowSociety.com
- Bigelow Family Genealogy Volume I page.105;
- Howe, Bigelow Family of America;
- Cummington, MA vital records;
- NSDAR records Nehemiah Bates;
- family records of descendants of David Bigelow.;
- John Bigelow at Find A Grave #132819377