John Barrett may have been born in England. His father appears in Concord MA in 1640. Sometime later, John moved to Marlborough, Massachusetts and was present there when the town was incorporated. He was one of those who met in 1675 to make preparation to defend themselves against the Indians in King Philip's War and was assigned with Samuel Stow and Samuel Rice (1634-1685) to defend the home of Joseph Rice (1638-1711).
Marriage & Children
John Barrett married Mary Pond (1639-1711). He died in 22 July 1711 and she died on 2 Oct 1711.
- John Barrett (1663-1715) - md Deborah Howe
- Mary Barrett (1666-1668) - md Jabez Rice
- Grace Barrett (1669-1739) - md Abiel Bush
- Mary Barrett (1672-1752) - md Jabez Rice
- Lydia Barrett (1674-1739) - md Eleazer Tailor
|Offspring of Humphrey Barrett and Mary Hawes (1590-1663)|
|John Barrett (1635-1711)||1635 Concord, Middlesex County, Massachusetts||22 July 1711 Marlborough, Middlesex County, Massachusetts|| Mary Pond (1639-1711)|
|Thomas Barrett (1628-1702)|| |
|Humphrey Barrett (1640-1715)|| |
|James Barrett (c1642)|| |
|Mary Barrett (c1642)|
- The History of the Town of Marlborough - The Barrett Family - pg 321.