John Ball was born circa 1644 at Watertown, Middlesex Co., MA. He was the son of John Ball and Elizabeth Pierce and became a weaver for his vocation. John Ball married Sarah Bullard, daughter of George Bullard and Beatrice (????), on 17 October 1665 at Watertown, Middlesex Co., MA; "17 (8) mo."2 John Ball died on 8 May 1722 at Watertown, Middlesex Co., MA.
He apprenticed to John Pierce Sr. on 3 January 1656.1 He resided in Watertown after the marriage.1 Census, Occupation & Residence.
Children of John Ball and Sarah Bullard
- Sarah Ball+1 b. 11 Jul 1666
- John Ball+1 b. 29 Jun 1668, d. 24 Oct 1752
- James Ball+1 b. 7 Mar 1670/71, d. 24 Feb 1729/30
- Joseph Ball+1 b. 4 May 1674, d. 12 Apr 1730
- Benjamin Ball+ b. c 1677 (Not listed in Cutter's book?)
- Jonathan Ball+1 b. 29 Mar 1680, d. c 1726
- Daniel Ball+1 b. 2 Aug 1683, d. 9 Mar 1717/18
- Abigail Ball1 b. 5 Oct 1686
|Offspring of John Ball II and Elizabeth Pierce (1624-1655)|
|John Ball (1644-1722)||1644 Watertown, Middlesex County, Massachusetts||8 May 1722 Watertown, Middlesex County, Massachusetts|| Sarah Bullard (1645-1722)|
|Sarah Ball (1654-)|| |
|Esther Ball (1655-)|| |
|Mary Ball (1651-1692)||1651 Lexington, Middlesex County, Massachusetts||1 August 1692 Lexington, Middlesex County, Massachusetts|| Michael Bacon Jr (c1640-)|
William Munroe (1625-1718)
|Offspring of John Ball II and Elizabeth Fox (1625-1676)|
|Mary Ball (1667-)|| |
|Joseph Ball (1669-1676)|| |
|Abigail Ball (1658-)|
- New England Families: Genealogical Memorials... by William R Cutter, Vol I, pg 449. (Free on Google Books.)
- New England Ball Project
- Frank D. Warren and Mrs. George H. Ball, compilers, The Descendants of John Ball of Watertown, Massachusetts 1630-1635 (Boston, MA: Planographed by Spaulding Moss Co., 1932).
- Historical Society of Watertown, compiler, Watertown RecordsComprising the First and Second Books of Town Proceedings with the Lands Grants and Possessions also the Proprietors' Book and the First Book and Supplement of Births Deaths and Marriages (Watertown, MA: Press of Fred G. Barker, 1894-1906 (4 volumes)), p. 27.
- VR of Watertown, MA, Second Book, p. 69.
- Mrs. S. Drury Rice, compiler, The Genealogy of the Family of John Ball, Wiltshire, Eng. and Watertown & Concord, Mass. (Florence, MA: Mrs. S. Drury Rice, 1909).
- John Ball - disambiguation
- Ball in Middlesex County, Massachusetts