Wiltshire, England, United Kingdom and died 1665 in Concord, Middlesex County, Massachusetts, United States of unspecified causes.John Ball I was born in
John Ball I is an immigrant ancestor, believed to have come from Wiltshire, England in about 1650. He settled and died in Concord, MA in 1665. This is supported by the inventory of his estate filed in the Middlesex Court of that year.
- Watertown Freeman. John Ball was admitted a freeman on 22 May 1650, however this is probably his son John Ball (1620-1675) who was active there and immigrated to America with his father. John Ball I is only found later in Concord MA.
- Son Nathaniel. Some records list Nathaniel Ball as a son. This is disputed and should be not confused with other Nathaniel Ball that immigrated to New England at the same time but has a very different DNA marker.
- Daughter Abigail. Some records claim there is a daughter born 26 April 1656, some 36 years after the birth of his son.
- Son, John Ball (1620-1675) - John Ball II apparently immigrated to America with his father but died in 1676 in a well documented Indian attack at Lancaster. The will of 1665 and the 1676 battle seems to prove that there were two separate individuals here.
- Spouse Unidentified - John Ball, Jr was married to (1) Elizabeth Pierce and (2) to Elizabeth Fox. We have no record of the marriage of John Ball, Sr.
|Offspring of John Ball I and unknown parent|
|John Ball (1620-1675)||1620 England||10 February 1676 Lancaster, Worcester County, Massachusetts|| Elizabeth Pierce (1624-1655)|
Elizabeth Fox (1625-1676)
- New England Families: Genealogical Memorials... by William R Cutter, Vol I, pg 449. (Free on Google Books.)