Jewett Cemetery, Allegan Township, Allegan County, Michigan, USA
General[edit | edit source]
- location: At the top of the hill located at the NE corner of 122nd Avenue and Dumont Road
Grave List[edit | edit source]
Grave 2 - Phillip Vahue, Died Jan. 15, 1878, Aged 67 Y'rs, 10 Mo. & 9 D's. ? [close-up of inscription]
Grave 3, three names on one marker, common inscription: Brownell
- Grave 3a - John R., Died Sept. 18, 1869, Aged 1 Y'r & 17 D's [associated, separate stone]; Grace E., Died Dec. 3, 1866, Aged 2 Mo. & 18 D's [associated, separate stone]; children of C.R. & C.A. Brownell
- Grave 3b - Clarissa A., wife of C.R. Brownell, Died Sept. 13, 1?8, Aged 26 y'rs, ? m & 10 d's, she is not ?
Grave 5 - Our mother, Almira A., wife of Rev. D. Platt, Died May 18, 1873, Aged 67 years ?
Grave 6 - Our sister, Mary R., dau. of Rev. D. & A.S. Platt, Died Jan. 9, 1852, Aged 19 years ?
Grave 7 - [illegible]
Grave 8 - Sarah, wife of E. Brownell, Died July 25, 1857, Aged 69 y'rs
Grave 9 - R.H. Brownell, Died Noc. 11, 1850, Aged 40 years, blessed are the dead [which] die in the Lord ?
Grave 10 - [illegible]
United States Grave 11 - Byer B. Martin, Co. K., 6 Mich. Cav.
Grave 12 - ? Whitl[ey], Died ? 1871 ?
Grave 13 - Budded on earth, Mabel, dau. of E.D. & S.E. Davison, Died Dec. 18, 188?, Aged 7 y'rs & 10 mo, to bloom in heaven
Grave 14 - Mary M., wife of P. Doland, Died Apr. 25, 1867, Aged ?9 yrs. 1 mo 12 d's. ?
Grave 16 - Sarah E., wife of Walter C. Wood, Died May 6, 1868, Aged 30 yrs & 6 mo.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Details beyond simple text not as appears on original; comments appear in brackets: [ ]; "?" substituted for unknown letter(s)/word(s)/line(s); all graves transcribed and photographed; grave numbers for the convenience of the transcriber and photographer only; photographs taken 16 December 2001; transcription compiled from photographs.
Also see[edit | edit source]
- A list of Cemeteries in Michigan